C7 at the drags

Buccaneer

Buccaneer

My son calls me from the Amarillo track on Saturday and says there's a really nice black C7 coupe running at the track. I said, "what's it running?" He said, "If you had your C3 here you would be putting him to shame!" Huh?! It was running best time of 14.26 and was running 14.26 to 14.35 all day long. Obviously he doesn't know how to drive on the track. WOW! 14s in a C7, that is embarrassing. At least he was consistent. :LolLol:

My son later asked the guy in the pits why his car was running so slow and was there something wrong with it? His response was, it's as fast as it will go, I had it to the floor and I was shifting at 7K. My son also said that his shifting down the track lost him well over 2 seconds of ET, so I can imagine what the launch was like. I thought the C7 came with launch control? Hmmm... That is all. :P

Contrary to what most Vette owners think, money don't make you a driver.

But Eddie. I compensate for lack of driving skills with excessive amounts of horse power.

GET ER DONE!!!!!'

SLAMMER

Well, I know I ain't the best driver .... nor do I have a SL of HP, but every race I've won learned me one very important thing ....

Those Hugo's just cannot seem to keep up ..... :highfive:

Hal, you've obviously learned another valuable lesson of racing..."chose your opponent wisely".

Desertdawg

So the C7 is really no better than the C4, even with a GM LS3 hot cam motor???

I do that speed from my house to eddies. I just use a speed bump for launch control.

Buccaneer

So the C7 is really no better than the C4, even with a GM LS3 hot cam motor???

Hahahahaha! Now that's funny! I wonder what Larry will say? OK, who in ACE has a C7 and tracked it? What's it "really" run?

Guest badbobs95

But Eddie. I compensate for lack of driving skills with excessive amounts of horse power.

GET ER DONE!!!!!'

SLAMMER

I just lack! :tumbleweed:

I do that speed from my house to eddies. I just use a speed bump for launch control.

So it takes you 14 seconds to go a half block?

So it takes you 14 seconds to go a half block?[/quote

Air time.lol