Looking for a C5 South of 15K

Kahuna1

Bromley's Corvettes

Im looking for a few C5 ACEholes that might be willing to go look at some cars with me - im new to this vette thing - I work till about 5:00 everyday -

I would suggest when you locate one you want to look at you post up the location and I'll bet you have someone here that's close and wouldn't mind taking a look with you.

Very smart plan:) I have had lots of guys over the years buy a C-3 with never owning a vette be four. They did not know what to look for then they bring me the car to check it out and WOW lol. I say yikes I would not have bought this car at any price lol. They are shocked at how much is wrong with the car and rusted and been wrecked and miss matched parts from different years and on and on. Not always like that but sometimes its better to keep looking and pay a little more for the right car:) Probably safer with a C-5 no worries about rust but still lots of things to look at.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kahuna1

• Ted Y

• Ray

• jandmenter

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

F22trainer

I would meet the car owner at CPR and have Joe look it over (for a fee). Negotiate with seller, if the car checks out, you pay, if not, seller pays. It's usually an hour at his ACE rate $$. He really knows C-5's, and C-6 & 7's....

jandmenter

Well, Its been 2 weeks since you posted you were going to buy a C5...Well??There out there..Lets pull the trigger...Shoot the bear..We need another Vette at C and C this next Sat. Do it MAN..

F22trainer

Well, Its been 2 weeks since you posted you were going to buy a C5...Well??There out there..Lets pull the trigger...Shoot the bear..We need another Vette at C and C this next Sat. Do it MAN..

He may have...

I did not see the car when I went by this morning!

Trigger finger very itchy today Hmmmmmmmmmmm!

Drewster67

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/4457305372.html

The only thing is that it has a salvaged title

2002 Corvette C5 Convertible, 62k miles, automatic, excellent condition. No squeeks, no leaks, no tears in the seats, no rock chips. Everything works. Has active handling suspension package. Has aftermarket intake and exhaust. 12 disk changer in the trunk. Salvage title. $15,750 CASH. KBB high is $22,683! KBB "fair" condition is $20,783! No cashiers checks, no pay pal, no car loans please. Call or text Steve at 602 618 812seven.

That car has a salvage title - just dont want to go that route - also - i wand either the coupe or FRC

but thank you for posting it

JLs Mistress

Karl should have photos to show before long . Congrats Karl great looking Vette

Well I said my trigger finger was getting itchy - KABOOM!

Just want to thank all of you Aceholes that helped along the way - As JL Mistress knows this has been a long process to get here. I remember over a year ago I told Jay - im getting a vette - well he got one before me - but I finally have one.

Thanks too everyone for helping with this C5 - the list is long of all the people that have guided me through this process - way too many to list - so nomore Black Charger at the vette outings, although the Charger stays in the garage too, now I can come in the Vette - special thanks to Ted for doing an inspection and spending about 4 hours with me negotiating this car.

Thanks everybody - hope you will all get a look at her soon.

Kahuna1 - Karl

Teaser! Can you eagle eyes tell me the year, model, and color?

20140516_164800_zpsgkc5snol.jpg

Congrats! Looks like a Nassau blue 99 FRC. :ED:

Based on wheels, which doesn't necessarily mean much, I'm gonna say 2000 Nassau Blue FRC?

Based on wheels, which doesn't necessarily mean much, I'm gonna say 2000 Nassau Blue FRC?

Correct! Stock wheels in this case.

FRC's are teh best Corvettes, don't let anyone convince you otherwise....

Damn, you beat me to it. :lol

FRC's are teh best Corvettes, don't let anyone convince you otherwise....

I agree .......... like a carry over from the C2 days ......... so wish they carried over a bit more .........

Congrats on the new ride ..... love the color as well ............ :thumbs:thumbs

The Vette looks better in person. Congrats!

Wish we could say the same about Bob!!! :facepalm: