Looking for a C5 South of 15K

Kahuna1

So I posted a whild back that Im looking for C5 - I originally was lookin for one in the 10K price range - and though I have found a few - Well I dont have oine yet - so that kinda tells the tale.

I have upeed my line to about 15K - and I know I missed out on that vert last week - but would prefer a coupe or a FRC.

So if you know of one let me know - Im still about 2 weeks out but seriously looking.

Kahuna1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kahuna1

• Ted Y

• Ray

• jandmenter

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would love to find one locally that is comparible - yes i love the fact that is has low mileage - just would need to figure out how to get there to take a look.

Wings have to be subtracted from the base price.

Steve@LPM

Too bad you werent looking sooner. About a year ago I sold my 99 FRC for under 15 and just about EVERYTHING was fresh.

Inb4 useless post is useless

post-1644-0-02163100-1399307090_thumb.jp

Bet if you take cash you could get south of 15k - thats about what KBB is on it - the dealer doc fees are $275.00 on top of tax and licencing which I have to pay anyway. Its a beautiful car. I love the red and teh upgraded wheels.

Take your time in looking, it took me one year to find a 2001, I paid 16K for it two years ago, also it was equipped with every thing I was going to put on it at the time. You will eventually find the one that fits you and I would not look at any thing under 2001 because of the major changes on that year. Also it is beginning to look like you can even find a 2006 for around 17K now that the 2015's are starting to be announced.

Good luck it will be there...

So what are the changes made on the 2001 C5?

Hmmm, I have a '99 auto with around 75-80k on the clock that I haven't even started in a month. Maybe I should................

Ray a month ago you were saying - "Wait and save for a C5"

Just bumping this one up - Im ready to pull the trigger'

Im looking for a few C5 ACEholes that might be willing to go look at some cars with me - im new to this vette thing - I work till about 5:00 everyday -

Im looking for a few C5 ACEholes that might be willing to go look at some cars with me - im new to this vette thing - I work till about 5:00 everyday -

You should look into a C-7!!!

U should get the 1985 here on the forum with the LS1. 6speed. That's a Bad Ass Car. It's right on ur price. And it belongs to an ACE member so u know it's taken care of. All u do is throw a C5 Conversion Kit like I did and there u go. U have a C5.

I would suggest when you locate one you want to look at you post up the location and I'll bet you have someone here that's close and wouldn't mind taking a look with you.

Yes - Im a rookie and will try to get some ACEhole to go with me.