Original 65 big block 4-speed vert

Bromley's Corvettes

Bromley's Corvettes

Working on a pretty nice 65 with a 396c.i big block 425 h.p and 4-speed :) Doing brakes and front susp and replacing a brake line it had been spliced into and repaired with a compression fitting not a flared brake fitting. Also new fuel pump and filter and oil pan gasket and front seal. Took the balancer off and it feel apart lol. The outer ring has been spinning on the hub looks like for awhile. Good time to do the seal if the balancer had come apart it could have made a mess. Also up grading to 7 blade fan and heavy duty fan clutch. Intake has been leaking going to remove and bead blast to make look new and seal it up. Also carb has been leaking so going to rebuild it.

post-719-0-55604300-1398959134_thumb.jpg

post-719-0-98890000-1398959161_thumb.jpg

new vette 62

That is one nice car. Big block Corvette, the death of the early fuel injection. I bet it can torture the rear tires.

Have had them slide a bit off the center hub but never this bad. The rest of the Bigblock looks real clean like someone's been in there before, but I suppose no one noticed the worn damper due to the crank pulley keeping the outer ring from flying off. Were there any rub marks found on the timing cover?

Mike T.

Bromley's Corvettes

That is one nice car. Big block Corvette, the death of the early fuel injection. I bet it can torture the rear tires.

Its is a very clean car getting cleaner the longer its at my shop lol. It can torture the tires hes already been through a set lol.

Bromley's Corvettes

Have had them slide a bit off the center hub but never this bad. The rest of the Bigblock looks real clean like someone's been in there before, but I suppose no one noticed the worn damper due to the crank pulley keeping the outer ring from flying off. Were there any rub marks found on the timing cover?

Mike T.

The engine has been rebuilt looks like very low miles on it very clean in side. The balncer did not get into the front cover it was just spinning on the hub so he was lucky. I asked him if he ever heard a odd noise when he shut the car off like something still spinning or running he was like oh ya I wondered what that was lol.

Bromley's Corvettes

Pix of bead blasted intake coming soon:)

• 2 weeks later...
Bromley's Corvettes

Yes sir just waiting on new carb to come in. Putting a 750cfm QF on it. Customer is going to save original 780 vac Holley the throttle shafts need to be replaced and the base plate needs to be bushed. Its been leaking onto intake. Dont want to put it back on and have it stain the freshly bead blasted intake:)

post-719-0-15108600-1400786040_thumb.jpg

Bromley's Corvettes

I have pix of the intake on in my phone. Cant get them to load in computer;( I will take some with Nikon so I can load them like I usually do.

ya gotta love the head design on these big blocks !!!

Bromley's Corvettes

They had some pretty good air flow for back in the day. A new set of alum heads with big valves will move a lot of air:) I love Big Blocks when built up and use of lots of alum parts to take weight off.

Bromley's Corvettes

Still waiting on a new carb to show up lol. All it needs is the carb and the car is done:) I cant wait to drive it and get it back to the customer so I can make room for a nice Big Block 71 vert:) Its a 454c.i with 4-speed:)

• 2 months later...

The '65 396/425 is definitely the baddest of all (except L88). I've been in many vettes thru the years and that's the meanest ride I've been in, bar none. Waiting to see it on the street sometime.

Bromley's Corvettes

I hear you this one runs as good if not even better then the 66 427c.i I did awhile back. It revs faster:) The customer has about 15 cars and some bikes and trucks so he does not drive the 65 much. Just wanted it fixed up so it can be driven when he feels like it:)