• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmxp69

• joe@cpr.com

• Jon

• RoccoC5

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alright, I really wanted the runfile, but it doesn't look like I'm going to get it tonight. We'll have to settle for Brian's picture @ the dyno. 594/538.

c5cam_meth_dyno.jpg

I know...I was thinking the same thing Bob. Goal was really 520-550, so I certainly can't complain. 595 to the wheels is definitely beast. Still able to pull 22mpg on highway too. Amazing engineering available to us these days.

Just have to give Joe mad props too. Glad I took his advice on the cam. He definitely helped get this car making the big power.

It definitely did. +3-4* in the powerband. I think the cam helps take advantage of the headers too. Remember, didn't see too much peak gain with the headers. I think it all came together nicely. Nic's tune is awesome too. Throttle response is really crisp now, idles at 950, minimal shake, but if you know cars you know something is in there. Overall just really pleased with the way it came out. Time to lay off the power mods now and just enjoy the car. Maybe do a few appearance goodies.

PS THANKS, and isn't yours going back to dyno Friday?

I traded email with Nic today. There might be a little more. Still waiting for the runfiles and will post if he coaxed more out of it. ;)

Got the runfile and got home to my computer with the runfile viewer on it. This gave me a chance to load up the previous best run and compare the pre-cam/meth setup.

- 114lb-ft of incremental torque at 5.2k is really exciting (just left of cursor)

- It crosses 400lb-ft at 3.3k. Pre-cam, this happened at 4.2k.

- AFR is a bit rich, but I understand this is common for meth setups and provides a safety net going too lean if meth pump fails.

- +130hp, +114lb-ft.

Thanks again to everybody who helped with the build or offered suggestions. I am thrilled with this setup and outcome. Now I gotta go find me some rustangs. ;)

c5cam_meth_dyno.jpg

Yeah, quite the improvement Joe. Really glad I took your advice on the cam.

On another note:

Remember the movie Jaws?: "We're gonna need a bigger boat"

"I'm gonna need better tires"