One more little tweak

jmxp69

Josh is a good dude. I've BS'd with him quite a bit. He just sent me the "Big Bubba" 50mm blow off valve and one piece intake tube.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmxp69

• joe@cpr.com

• Jon

• RoccoC5

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is this one piece intake tube and 50mm blow off valve you speak of? What's more important, why don't I have those??? :)

PS Good progress today. Updates with pics coming soon.

Time to rock-n-roll.
1.jpg
Old plugs looked pretty good.
4.jpg
Anti-seize on threads and gap set to .035
5.jpg
Radiator shroud, fans out. Took the time to clean debris from the radiator.
9.jpg
The directions said to remove the two hydraulic fittings on the rack. I hoped the easy to reach fittings circled in white were what they were referring to--they weren't. Gotta take the fittings under red circle off. I only removed the inboard fitting and disconnected the other one from the bottom of the reservoir then capped the reservoir.
10.jpg
Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch. Ok, I feel better.
11.jpg
I decided to pack it in after 7 hours. It was getting dark and I was tired. Didn't want to make any mistakes on the next step: Pinning the crank. So I'll pick it up again tomorrow.

The 50mm Turbosmart "Big Bubba" blow off valve. For when you go past 700rwhp worth of airflow. http://www.turbosmartusa.com/product/big-bubba

The one piece intake tube goes between the outlet of the intercooler and the throttlebody. Yours didn't come with one? I have an old kit, so it's many separate pieces connected together. The one piece tube uses an LS3/7 card style MAF.

The 50mm Turbosmart "Big Bubba" blow off valve. For when you go past 700rwhp worth of airflow. http://www.turbosmartusa.com/product/big-bubba

The one piece intake tube goes between the outlet of the intercooler and the throttlebody. Yours didn't come with one? I have an old kit, so it's many separate pieces connected together. The one piece tube uses an LS3/7 card style MAF.

Ahh, not planning on 700rwhp yet. Not sure on the one piece then, I haven't gotten that far. I'm leaving all the parts sealed up until I need them.

Need some quick help guys. I'm installing my v3SI and got to step #4:
4. INSTALLING THE OIL RETURN FITTING
(NOTE: This entire section applies ONLY to the standard “engine oiled” units. For V3 “self contained” units, please go to step 5.)
Step 5 says the oil feed line requires a "provided fitting and washer". There was a fitting attached to the end of the line, but the SS line wouldn't screw into it, it's a vent fitting. Vortech provided instructions for use on the SC itself.
1.jpg
Here's the line that came attached to the head unit.
2.jpg
I can't find a fitting in any of the hardware bags like the one on the other end of the line already on the head unit. Also, if this is a self-contained unit, why is that line needed? I would have thought it would just be capped off.
I don't want to lose the day. Please help.
Thx

joe@cpr.com

That line is to drain the supercharger oil. You should do it about every other oil change, just zip tie it up out of the way when you don't use it to drain.

Thanks Joe. Got the same response on the big board.

It's only roughed in right now. I ran out of daylight and didn't want to try to get the belt routed without good light. That belt is going to be lots of fun.
19.jpg
Any tips on getting that belt routed? The area under the blower pulley is very tight.
Got it. :)

joe@cpr.com

No problem, ask me any questions you will get a correct answer as we install probably 2-3 blower kits a month. Which bracket design do you have? Is it the one piece or two piece?

joe@cpr.com

That's the same video I was go-to post lol. Tree'd by Jon, it's nice you have he newer bracket design as the other design is pretty cumbersome to hold the belt in place while putting the bracket on.

nice ...

Will your wife pre-approve my next purchase for me so I won't have to ask my wife???

Better yet, the next time Jammye isn't looking retrieve your balls from her purse. :bolt:

pussywhipped.jpg

AAHHHHH, The JOYS Of Marriage!!!!!!!!

:tontopallus::wife:

I got the belt on and the mounting bolts all started. My kit was missing one D-spacer. Josh is sending it today.

BOV, BAP, Intercooler, Shrouds, and I'm done. Tune scheduled for Saturday!

post-2562-0-10801800-1402336193_thumb.jp

That's the same video I was go-to post lol. Tree'd by Jon, it's nice you have he newer bracket design as the other design is pretty cumbersome to hold the belt in place while putting the bracket on.

I watched the video and don't really understand what the process attempts to accomplish. With my head unit on the front bracket and in the car, there's no way I could get a wrench on that spring tensioner. I got the belt routed using the method on this video:

I got the belt on and the mounting bolts all started. My kit was missing one D-spacer. Josh is sending it today.

BOV, BAP, Intercooler, Shrouds, and I'm done. Tune scheduled for Saturday!

Awesome, looks like your install is coming along nicely!

There were a couple of moments when I thought "uh-oh":

- Removing steering coupler bolt and hydraulic lines on steering rack

- Getting crank bolt to move

- Driver side rear spark plug...didn't think I'd ever get it installed, but it only took a minute.

I think I'm on the downhill now. It looks like getting the 90deg silicone on the 6" intercooler pipe is going to be fun because it's such a confined space. Routing the BAP wires might be a little annoying too but compared to some of the other steps, I don't think it'll be too bad.

A little more progress today. I routed the belt last night and found it was off one rib on the SC tensioner. I had to fiddle with that for a little while to get it right, but it's all squared away now.
Radiator trimmed for intake and intercooler plumbing.
25.jpg
When I first mounted the head unit, I didn't think it would ever clear the radiator. It's a very close shave.
24.jpg
Sheet metal for intercooler installed.
26.jpg
Tomorrow I'd like to get the intercooler mounted, the BOV installed, and the rest of the intake plumbing done.
Joe: I have a question about the intercooler mounting. My kit came with 4 90degree brackets. Two large, two small. I know the large ones go up top but where are the small ones mounted? I also don't have any bolts in the IC hardware bag for the small brackets.
From instructions:

The intercooler will go in next. The remainder of the tubing and the BOV will go in after the intercooler is mounted. Attach the “L” brackets to the intercooler with the supplied bolts and washers, leave loose. (The long leg goes on the cooler)

joe@cpr.com

The kit is supposed to only have 2 "L" brackets, those you attach to the intercooler loosely (sucks they forgot your hardware) put the intercooler in place and drill the frame where those line up, use an 1/8'' bit to make a pilot. Than you use self taping hardware to secure the brackets. Tighten down the "L" brackets to the intercooler too after that.

The kit is supposed to only have 2 "L" brackets, those you attach to the intercooler loosely (sucks they forgot your hardware) put the intercooler in place and drill the frame where those line up, use an 1/8'' bit to make a pilot. Than you use self taping hardware to secure the brackets. Tighten down the "L" brackets to the intercooler too after that.

Josh sent me this pic on what to do with the small brackets. I guess those smaller ones are screwed in with leftovers to the frame and then via self-tapping screws to the wing at the bottom of the IC. I have bolts for the large ones.

Are you saying the intercooler just "hangs" from the top two bolts?

post-2562-0-94001600-1402416690.jpg

Do you use the small brackets at the bottom? Obviously they aren't load bearing. I think the idea is they keep the IC from 'swaying' backwards during acceleration.

Do you use the small brackets at the bottom? Obviously they aren't load bearing. I think the idea is they keep the IC from 'swaying' backwards during acceleration.

Hmm, that must be something fairly new to the kit. My used kit (about 2 years old) didn't include those little brackets, nor were there any holes drilled in the intercooler shroud...