New project 98 Vert

Martyb

Just found a perfect 98 here in Chicago. Car has about 34,000 miles and is spotless. Not a fan of chrome wheels, so I ordered some gloss black grand sport wheels, and carbon fiber wide rear fenders. My intent is to try and make it look like it came from gm with the wide body look. Tucked away for now until the parts arrive.

post-2507-0-10993700-1398772622_thumb.jp

one picture is better than no pictures, but your lack of pointing is a deduction in points at the end of the day!

Sweet! You planning any 'go' to go along with the 'show'?

Car is about 380 at the wheels right now, so no go planned anytime soon. I have another car out in AZ with a little more go, this is my toy for when I am in Chicago. I would love to do a big stroker n/a motor one day though :)

joe@cpr.com

trust me when I say let those fenders sit out in the sun for about 3-5 days to cure. otherwise after you paint them you will see the pattern of the cf weave show through after a bit. inb4 someone says it's the painter haha

trust me when I say let those fenders sit out in the sun for about 3-5 days to cure. otherwise after you paint them you will see the pattern of the cf weave show through after a bit. inb4 someone says it's the painter haha

If the sun would ever shine in Chicago I will set them out Joe!

Making some progress. New wheels and tires mounted, still waiting on the adapters to move the rear wheels out a touch. Going to the body shop later this week. Trying to make it look like it came from the factory with flared rear fenders, thus the reason I didn't go aftermarket wheels. I wasn't quite sure how the gloss black grand sports would look, I just got my answer. Wife said it looks like a bad ass :)

post-2507-0-53959100-1399418802_thumb.jp

post-2507-0-60606600-1399418824_thumb.jp

post-2507-0-71868700-1399418844_thumb.jp

Lookin good .... always thought those rears should be punched out a bit !!!

• 4 weeks later...