Tire rotation

Majambo

Is it necessary to have the vettes (c-5) tires rotated and balanced at a particular place? I don't want to have it damaged by the lift. thanks, Majambo

Not certain rotation is in play here ... as the rears are a different size then the fronts ... side to side doesn't make sense ... at least to mean ..... but I've been wrong before .... :blur:

I appreciate the reply, but I goofed and meant balanced. Still the lift issue and those not familiar with the Vette. I suppose it's no biggie and Discount Tire is as competent as any shop?

Hey .... no worries .... yeah ... Discount can take care of that for ya ... I've not any issues with their balance jobs /////

The two stores I've work with are in Scottsdale on Frank Lloyd Wright & the 101, the one is Mesa on Country Club & baseline, and the one on Thomas at about 30th street (on an emergency basis, but did a good job)

But I'm certain they're all about the same service level wise .........

Many folks like the Hunter balancing system (Road Force). I think Discount usually has them in all their shops. I find that on my daily driver, at least one tire always was out of balance, when inspected every 5,000 miles. If you have directional tires, they also need to stay on the same side so no rotation right to left is available. The sidewall usually has an arrow embossed if they are directional.

FWIW, I sell a ton of wheel studs to shops in Tucson that have a deal with Discount....not to disparage their work, or anything like that, I just prefer to pull/install my own wheels without teh aid of an impact wrench. I use a torque wrench and anti-seize on teh studs (which are actually coil springs, if you want to get technical about it). If I did something stupid to my car then it's on me. Just sayin'.