Need Clutch Recommendations

Buccaneer

My friend that has the 2012 ZL1 modded Camaro installed a new top of their line Monster clutch assembly to handle his 700rwhp monster. Not a good idea I guess, first pass at the Amarillo track yesterday it went BOOM! He is not happy as you can imagine. Any suggestions on a "good" clutch to install that will hold up to that power range/abuse?

Pics of clutch four hours after it went boom. It doesn't look good. My son said has the trans was coming out, rivets from the clutch were falling out of the car. :facepalm:

post-286-0-23550300-1398023039_thumb.jpg

post-286-0-07298900-1398023046_thumb.jpg

Nice Tim. Thanks for the offer from your collection, but I don't think they will fit. The flower pattern is nice and stylish and I'm sure you look just "marvelous" with it when you go out wearing a nice summer dress...jus sayin' :P

joe@cpr.com

Mcleod rxt! We install them all the time with absolutely zero issues. Monster clutch's are junk imo and this is yet another one showing that. PM sent to you.

Azmotorhead

He's got bigger problems than the clutch being bad.

Take a look at the splines on the disc!!! He's also sheared the splines on his trans's input.

Wholly crap Phil ...... good catch .... I didn't see that either at first look ..... course there's always a chance that shaft held up ... depending on the metal grade on that clutch ...... but to your point .... not likely ........ UGH !!!! :facepalm:

He's got bigger problems than the clutch being bad.

Take a look at the splines on the disc!!! He's also sheared the splines on his trans's input.

Yeah, I saw that as well and was scratching my head on WTF was going on with that? My son said after listening to the GoPro vid, that you can hear a slight POP and SNAP during his burnout, I think that is when it actually started to let loose. Thanks for the input.

Nice catch Phil, the spline almost has to be trash with the looks of the clutch plate.