Oil leak

CZYDMND

So I took my baby for a drive for my bday and hers 4/14/2000 And she's got a leak and she stunk when I got back of burning oil... :(

Quicksilver98

I get the same thing every once in awhile....bottom of oil pan has a bit of oil on it and every once in a while a drip goes back onto the exhaust pipes. I have the one piece oil pan on my car and thought at one time it was leaking from there. But im not sure anymore...did some searching on the big board and there is a few entries about cam position sensors leaking and running down the back of the motor and there were also some that found a leak on a oil galley that is behind some plate on the backside of the motor which is a real pain to get to....ill see if I can find that link again.

Found the link......interesting reading.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-tech/3398140-need-help-with-oil-leak-3.html

MidNiteFury01

So I took my baby for a drive for my bday and hers 4/14/2000 And she's got a leak and she stunk when I got back of burning oil... :(

Did you ever find the actual leak? I thought mine was leaking oil, but I could only smell something burning. It was actually the left rear axle shaft seal when I crawled around under the car for a bit. Just my :2cents

Could be a number of things .... a good cleaning on the underside and then check for location would be the best suggestion ,,,, so far mine have had front seal leak, rear seal leak (PITB) and steering line leak .... all of which can get on the exhaust and cause a smelly motor ... and maybe a little smoke on occasion.

Corvette Performance has a lift available to their preferred customers (free to join and free to use) .... mite be worth the time to get it up, clean it ... run it ... check it out ..... then go from there .......

or check in with one of the fine shops on here to look at it for you .... Joe at Classic just did my rear seal on the roadster .... #justsayin

Guest badbobs95

The oil pan gasket is a very common problem when approaching 100K. If bad enough, it sprays back on your cats and smells horrible. Replacement is in the $400 and up range. Not a fun job. If this is the culprit, there are a couple of other gaskets worthy of a change also. Do them all and get it over with.

common places worth checking; upper oil pan(most common), lower oil pan, oil drain plug, power steering pressure line, rear axle seal(most commonly the left one), rear main seal, trans pan gasket and water pump(second most common (on the vette))

If you have some time swing by the shop & we can put it up on a lift. Just went through this with Hals car & got it licked. Classic Gold Auto Centre 317 S. Rockford Dr. Tempe 85281 480-967-2521

Thanks all I havent had time to look her over.. hopefully I will get her figured out soon...