Compliance Parts Skip Shift Eliminator

jmxp69

Thought I'd share this one: I found out about this little gem on the big board. I ordered it, they shipped it, and I had it in my hands about two days later. Install took about 20 minutes. So what right? Ok:

1) You don't have to get under the car for this one. All the work is done near the battery. Didn't have to cut any wires either.

2) Has the option to disable the indicator light if you want. Two options to do this. First requires cutting a wire. Second does not, but takes longer. I opted to leave the light on mainly because I didn't feel like monkeying with it any further; but, I get the added benefit of seeing the light, and telling it to piss off as I shift into second. Brings a smile to my face every time.

Needless to say, this skip shift works as like the others plus: It's completely reversible, installs without crawling under the car, it's fused/automotive grade, and it has the option to disable the light if you want at any time.

$25+shipping was well worth disabling that 'feature' IMHO. Here's the link if you're interested: http://www.complianceparts.com/c5cags1-4disable.html

J

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd share this one: I found out about this little gem on the big board. I ordered it, they shipped it, and I had it in my hands about two days later. Install took about 20 minutes. So what right? Ok:

1) You don't have to get under the car for this one. All the work is done near the battery. Didn't have to cut any wires either.

2) Has the option to disable the indicator light if you want. Two options to do this. First requires cutting a wire. Second does not, but takes longer. I opted to leave the light on mainly because I didn't feel like monkeying with it any further; but, I get the added benefit of seeing the light, and telling it to piss off as I shift into second. Brings a smile to my face every time.

Needless to say, this skip shift works as like the others plus: It's completely reversible, installs without crawling under the car, it's fused/automotive grade, and it has the option to disable the light if you want at any time.

$25+shipping was well worth disabling that 'feature' IMHO. Here's the link if you're interested: http://www.complianceparts.com/c5cags1-4disable.html

J

The above post is for C5's.

FOR C6'S, IT IS EVEN EASIER AND CHEAPER, AND FROM THE SAME COMPANY. You merely replace an underhood fuse with the one provided and close the hood!!

The price is $14.00 plus $3.00 shipping and it's on it's way to you.

:coool:

The only thing it DOES NOT DO is make it possible to eliminate the "SKIP-SHIFT" Light in the Dash display.

But just think of it as a reminder to you that YOU don't have to suffer the "skip-shift" syndrome, AND it gives you a GREAT opportunity to stick your tongue out at the "corporate wizards" who invented that thing in the first place!!!

HAPPY SHIFTING!!!!! :bananaparty:

All the above only applies to C5s and C6s (maybe C7s as well). If you own a C4 you don't need to have the car help you shift from one gear to another, they assumed that all C4 owners could figure that out for themselves. Apparently GM did not have the same confidence in potential C5 or C6 owners!!! :facepalm:

Azmotorhead

All the above only applies to C5s and C6s (maybe C7s as well). If you own a C4 you don't need to have the car help you shift from one gear to another, they assumed that all C4 owners could figure that out for themselves. Apparently GM did not have the same confidence in potential C5 or C6 owners!!! :facepalm:

The reason the skip shift was programmed into the C5-C6 was for fuel economy.. C4's didn't have it because the engines never produced enough power to adversely affect fuel economy.

Skip shift has nothing to do with assisting the driver in shifting that is done with a auto trans which everyone knows all C4's came with.