Mods

Bktlst1

Hey, new to the forum and wondered if I could pick your genius brains for some low cost mods that I can make to my c6. Before we begin, by low cost, I mean not thousands of dollars. The car is bone stock. Not even as much as a CAI or anything. I'm also looking for a good person to tint it if anyone knows of one. Let me know your thoughts....

Shane's Tint and Clear bra

623-933-1547

^^^^^^ x2 I'd start with a CAI, a set of Kooks LT headers and a full catback. Gotta get your baby to breather better. You can also add a larger intake, I believe stock is 82mm but I think you can upgrade to a 102MM instead. You also need to get a NicD tune. He is the man when it comes to re-tuning the ECM.

Does Shane's do a good job of the back window. I seem to remember searching on here and someone mentioning Chris from someplace but that he's hard to keep on task or get in touch with. What does Shane's charge ballpark?

Shane's Tint and Clear bra 623-933-1547

^^^^^^ x2 I'd start with a CAI, a set of Kooks LT headers and a full catback. Gotta get your baby to breather better. You can also add a larger intake, I believe stock is 82mm but I think you can upgrade to a 102MM instead. You also need to get a NicD tune. He is the man when it comes to re-tuning the ECM.
Most Vette forums recommend a corsa sport exhaust to get the sound and a little more hp. Would that work with the headers?

The Corsa Sports are what I put on my base '08. A very good choice in my opinion. No drone and a healthy sound under acceleration.

The Corsa Sports are what I put on my base '08. A very good choice in my opinion. No drone and a healthy sound under acceleration.

That is what I am hearing...good things about the corsa. Is it necessary to have headers?

That is what I am hearing...good things about the corsa. Is it necessary to have headers?

No, in fact you can start with a simple catback system and then see if you want to go further with it

Guest badbobs95

I have the LG Pro long tubes, X pipe, and Corsa Extreme, sounds great and you can whisper at 75 MPH! The wife will love it and your neighbors will hate it. :boobies:

No, in fact you can start with a simple catback system and then see if you want to go further with it
^^^^ agree

Headers alone are over $1000 installed. Most new muffler systems are over $1000.

Headers, mufflers, intake and tune, I'm guessing is $2500 all done for 50-75 hp.

Am I wrong?

Depending on the mods you like (power, cosmetic, sound, suspension, etc) and how you intend to use the car (racing, cruising, shows, traveling, daily driver) suggestions are easier to make and would be more in line with your needs and pocketbook.

You can pick more than one type of mod or use, since we are a cross-section of users here.

Headers alone are over $1000 installed. Most new muffler systems are over $1000.

Headers, mufflers, intake and tune, I'm guessing is $2500 all done for 50-75 hp.

Am I wrong?

Before we begin, by low cost, I mean not thousands of dollars.

I saw this in his post and chuckled a bit thinking that Kooks+Catback+labor etc... was in the thousands of dollars. You beat me to it Ted.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I would think a simple corsa sport exhaust and possibly a cai would make a pretty decent impact while still being cost effective. I do want a better sound, the performance I don't need to accomplish what I'm looking for. It's a daily driver so not going to be tracking it or anything. So, can anyone tell me other than Shane's tint, where else to go for tint? I'd still like to know ballpark what Shane's will charge? Thanks again...I knew I picked a good forum to join,

So, can anyone tell me other than Shane's tint, where else to go for tint? I'd still like to know ballpark what Shane's will charge? Thanks again...I knew I picked a good forum to join,

Cost me around $275 for 3M Color Stable 35 on my 07 Z06. Had this done by Shane a couple of weeks ago.

So, can anyone tell me other than Shane's tint, where else to go for tint? I'd still like to know ballpark what Shane's will charge? Thanks again...I knew I picked a good forum to join,

Cost me around $275 for 3M Color Stable 35 on my 07 Z06. Had this done by Shane a couple of weeks ago.
Does he do a good job on the back window? Read nightmare stories about it peeling off up by the matrix. Hate that those still exist. Another thing is does anyone have problems with xm radio or radio in general after getting tinted? Mine goes out sometimes with no obstructions in the way for no apparent reason. Sorry for all the questions and I bet I could have put tint into the general thread, just thought I would hit it all up at once. Thanks again.

He is good and he stands behind his work. I have no issues with XM and tinting. The XM sometimes blanks out after you go under an overpass but it's only for a second or less and not every time.

I haven't had any problems with the back window tint or XM radio. 3M Color Stable is designed to not interfere with satellite radio.

Thanks so much for the replies...I will make an appointment with Shane as soon as I get back from Cabo! Vacation takes priority! You guys are awesome! The tint takes second priority over all, not the vacation from work! The mods will follow.

edlebrock shorty headers are less expensive than full long tube and freakishly easy to install, but im not sure about any performance gain. the cheapest upgrades would be a cai, oil catch can and throttle body heater bypass.

edlebrock shorty headers are less expensive than full long tube and freakishly easy to install, but im not sure about any performance gain. the cheapest upgrades would be a cai, oil catch can and throttle body heater bypass.

For $2 worth of hdwe, you can prop open the shroud and gain more than half the power that the best CAI offers.

For $2 worth of hdwe, you can prop open the shroud and gain more than half the power that the best CAI offers.
Anyone have a writeup of that mod?