Any Mojave Milers here?

wam3

Just got back from the Mojave Mile spring run and was wondering if any ACE members participated. If you've never done it and you are wondering what your car is capable of, give it some serious consideration.I ran my 2010 stock GS A6, made 5 passes and my best and last run was 162 mph. There were a lot of corvettes and mustangs and a good turnout of AZ cars. It was a fun weekend. There won't be a fall run this year due to airport construction but I'm hoping that they will run another Magnum (1.5 miles) next spring. Check it out!

They always look like fun, usually the regulations or qualifications make it hard for the casual user to play. We had one member in Tucson that always ran big bend and the copper state.

If you're running stock or near-stock, the regulations aren't too stringent but don't show up in flip-flops, shorts and a wife-beater and expect to run. With the exception of a Snell 2010 helmet and leather or fire gloves, you probably already own everything else they require to run the 175mph class. Tire condition is crucial and it should be (age, speed rating, treadwear, etc.). Factory seatbelts are permissible in this class as long as they aren't worn excessively and will lock. Other than that, passing both driver and auto inspection is pretty much a layup. You can read about all of the requirements at the Mojave Mile website.

the regulations aren't too stringent but don't show up in flip-flops, shorts and a wife-beater and expect to run.

this eliminates most of us! :lol

I have run several events with Mike Borders, including Nellis AFB, class act, my best was 169.7 @ mile & 181.3 in 1.5 magnum, Not bad for a 23 year old car with late 80's technology naturally aspirated driven both ways to & from spaceport. Trying to gain MPH at 160/170 MPH, requires a lot of HP, fighting wind resistance

I'm planning on running it. That and Shift Sector as well. Not sure what I'll need since I will be running around 800rwhp. Close to 1000rwhp when I add nitrous.

You will need the cage we did in the zr1 for shift sector.

When did you do that?

According to their 2014 rules cages are not required.

How fast did you go?

That looks like it would be fun. Not enough to have a roll bar installed though..

You won't need one unless you make a bunch of power mods. It's not required until you hit 180.1 MPH. Bone stock LS3 will be lucky to hit 165.

joe@cpr.com

When did you do that? According to their 2014 rules cages are not required. How fast did you go?
It was the last thing we did to it before he picked it up. He was informed he needed one based on how fast he will be going so we got one in for him. Talk about cutting it close. We had to not only rip his interior back apart to install, but redo the nitrous bottle so it cleared the cage, than have out upholstery shop do us a favor and cut/stich the carpet for the cage. He runs shift sector this weekend as he picked the car up last Fri.

When did you do that?

According to their 2014 rules cages are not required.

How fast did you go?

It was the last thing we did to it before he picked it up. He was informed he needed one based on how fast he will be going so we got one in for him. Talk about cutting it close. We had to not only rip his interior back apart to install, but redo the nitrous bottle so it cleared the cage, than have out upholstery shop do us a favor and cut/stich the carpet for the cage. He runs shift sector this weekend as he picked the car up last Fri.

Here's from the Shift Sector website.

"It is mandatory to bring a helmet (Snell 2000+) and a completely filled out and signed waiver/self tech form. Cars anticipating to run over 199MPH require a mounted fire extinguisher, roll bar, and fire jacket."

Maybe either you/he don't understand the difference between a roll bar and a roll cage.

Sorry for the multiples. When you have to wait so long for something to happen, I hit the buttons again.

Mods can delete, because I can't.

joe@cpr.com

Maybe the customer said hey I want to have installed the RSD roll bar with dual swing outs as they are requiring me too. There was no confusion on my part as to what the customer asked me to do. If you meant to or not your last statement came across as being a jerk especially with your little text. And yes I understand the difference between bar/cage my bad I typed the wrong thing in.

That looks like it would be fun. Not enough to have a roll bar installed though..

You won't need one unless you make a bunch of power mods. It's not required until you hit 180.1 MPH. Bone stock LS3 will be lucky to hit 165.

Car is a Convertible.....

Maybe the customer said hey I want to have installed the RSD roll bar with dual swing outs as they are requiring me too. There was no confusion on my part as to what the customer asked me to do. If you meant to or not your last statement came across as being a jerk especially with your little text. And yes I understand the difference between bar/cage my bad I typed the wrong thing in.

It's why I said "you/he", since I had no knowledge who made the decision or who had read the rules. The little text was the standard stuff, same as this. The larger text was a cut/paste from their website.

BTW, the RSD rollbar doesn't meet NHRA specs. Some tracks may allow it, just like some tracks allow other things or lack of the same. If your customer specifies it and you inform him of the rules, then it's 100% his responsibility. Otherwise, you share a chunk of the liability. It only takes one slip up for a lawsuit to put you into bankruptcy.

Car is a Convertible.....

Oops! Guess you'll have your fun in other ways.