DM Air Show, Tucson

Buccaneer

Just a couple pics from the air show they had this weekend here. I had a few minutes so I walked down there and took a few pics.

Wow! This looks oddly familiar. :P

post-286-0-72081500-1397486418_thumb.jpg

post-286-0-10732100-1397486451_thumb.jpg

They had some vettes there, don't know who they were...ACE?

post-286-0-12106600-1397486503_thumb.jpg

B-17 from Falcon Field

post-286-0-75336100-1397486575_thumb.jpg

post-286-0-96523800-1397486615_thumb.jpg

Was it just me, or was it pretty weak as far as air shows go?

Well, since this is the first one for me here, it seemed OK, but guys at work said the same thing you said. I think the wind may have had something to do with it as well since the T-Birds didn't fly Saturday because of that. For me, it was a total wash with no F-111s there. :P

In years past, there have been F86's, Migs, F15's, 16's, 18's, an assortment of WWII planes, etc...I was sad that they didn't even put a jet in the air until 12:30, and then it was teh same jets we see everyday around here, teh A10's (with a 130 and a pair of Blackhawks).

Tis sad indeed, sounds like a poor show. Were the aircraft there and just couldn't fly due to winds or were they just not there?

Sunday only had a little breeze, but if they were there, they didn't fly. (I was outside teh base)

Sign of teh times, I guess....(I am still spoiled by teh air shows of teh Reagan era, when America was proud and strong)

Nice pic of the P51 for me Buc!!!....NOT!

Sorry Tim. They did have a P51 and B25, both were flying at the time when I was there. I had to leave before they came down. I didn't get to go over ther eon Sunday. They did have a Mig way down on the far end of the ramp, but I didn't go that far. They had also had a C5, B1B, B52G or H, C17, RC135 and some other stuff. Not sure if they had a F18 or not. I did see a F15, F16. They also had a lot of spec ops stuff, kind of cool, but I've seen it all while at Cannon. Hey they had vettes, how bad could it be? :P

Sunday only had a little breeze, but if they were there, they didn't fly. (I was outside teh base)

Sign of teh times, I guess....(I am still spoiled by teh air shows of teh Reagan era, when America was proud and strong)

I was on the air committee at Luke before I retired and a lot has to do with the available funding of the show. For example, a MIG-15 display might cost $2500 just to show up and then we'd have to supply the fuel and smoke oil. My last air show, I spent $35K just for a re-enactment of the the attack on Pearl Habor. It's gets offly expensive just to bring in the Red Bull team, etc...

I was on the air committee at Luke before I retired and a lot has to do with the available funding of the show. For example, a MIG-15 display might cost $2500 just to show up and then we'd have to supply the fuel and smoke oil. My last air show, I spent $35K just for a re-enactment of the the attack on Pearl Habor. It's gets offly expensive just to bring in the Red Bull team, etc...

Wow....that's pretty brutal.

Wow....that's pretty brutal.

To make matters worse, in the 2003-04 air shows at Luke, I was given $200k to spend for the weekend and that's when budgets were tight but not as tight as they are today. To put on a decent airshow, it's gonna cost the gov't $$$$ to get air show performers to come, otherwise they are for sale to the highest bidder.