Why is ACE so Boring?

Eddie44

Grape Ape

Well, not real sure if this will help or not but I just had a brain fart......It kind'a hurt too.

As most of you know, I tend to work weekends and the night shift to boot. With that being said, I'm not making excuses but most of what I can plan will have little to no participation during the week days. So until I can get weekends off, maybe next year, I am going to have to just take days off when I can for events that others make and use my vacation days to participate. Hopefully this will change some day but for now it is what it is. Sorry we can't get out more often. We love this place and wouldn't think about going anywhere else.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• orangepeal

• Shifty

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MidNiteFury01

Apologies in advance about the windy post...

As I read the responses & since becoming part of ACE, I don't find ACE boring at all. I don't see excuses, just reality. We are all so busy with a ton of responsibility. I do see activities as it seems like people are posting up events, and other goings on under events. To me that's what makes this great, one can be involved as one wants. :spinin:

I see there is a Calendar, besides Birthdays, can the admin/support post events to that? Ex. ACE 10th Anniversary, there is nothing on the calendar, Cu4L8R's June Cruise to Maricopa, there is nothing on the calendar about that either. That be a one stop place to look for the going's on - what, when, where, meeting point, RSVP or not...

Ideas;

Autocross (maybe work with another club for this, or AZSCCA?)

Poker Runs

HPDE (Drivers School's)

Rally

Drag Racing (watching or participating)

Monthly Cruises (Area Lakes, Prescott, Mt. Lemmon, Kingman, etc.)

Monthly workshops (Bruce's place, someones house, etc.)

Cookouts

Fundraiser for Charities

Would like some help on a few of those ideas. Too new in the area to know the who's who on where to go, and setting things up. Summertime is nearing, which gives us a few months to plan the fall, winter & spring events. Hit me up at C&C May 3rd. I drive the MidNite Blue Vette with Nebraska tags...

orangepeal

You know I'm just messing with you guys....c1 are nice..c2 gott better..c3 got even better..c4 were perfect..why mess with perfection..c5 and c6 are just left over parts from a c4.... lmao.. You know I'm just messing with you guys....c1 are nice..c2 gott better..c3 got even better..c4 were perfect..why mess with perfection..c5 and c6 are just left over parts from a c4.... lmao..

post-2607-0-00725700-1398918839_thumb.jp

post-2607-0-64337700-1398918843_thumb.jp

Grape Ape

I drive the MidNite Blue Vette with Nebraska tags...

SWEEEET.......Since this an off topic topic in the off topic section I'm going to say something off topic....

Where from fellow Husker?

MidNiteFury01

SWEEEET.......Since this an off topic topic in the off topic section I'm going to say something off topic....

Bellevue, friend!

hd-wingnut

Bellevue, friend!

Oh dear god....that's enough "Corndogger" conversation already! :facepalm:

Apologies in advance about the windy post...

As I read the responses & since becoming part of ACE, I don't find ACE boring at all. I don't see excuses, just reality. We are all so busy with a ton of responsibility. I do see activities as it seems like people are posting up events, and other goings on under events. To me that's what makes this great, one can be involved as one wants. :spinin:

I see there is a Calendar, besides Birthdays, can the admin/support post events to that? Ex. ACE 10th Anniversary, there is nothing on the calendar, Cu4L8R's June Cruise to Maricopa, there is nothing on the calendar about that either. That be a one stop place to look for the going's on - what, when, where, meeting point, RSVP or not...

Ideas;

Autocross (maybe work with another club for this, or AZSCCA?)

Poker Runs

HPDE (Drivers School's)

Rally

Drag Racing (watching or participating)

Monthly Cruises (Area Lakes, Prescott, Mt. Lemmon, Kingman, etc.)

Monthly workshops (Bruce's place, someones house, etc.)

Cookouts

Fundraiser for Charities

Would like some help on a few of those ideas. Too new in the area to know the who's who on where to go, and setting things up. Summertime is nearing, which gives us a few months to plan the fall, winter & spring events. Hit me up at C&C May 3rd. I drive the MidNite Blue Vette with Nebraska tags...

:agree

From my vantage point, it appears that having the Events (that are noted on the Forum), post DIRECTLY to "The Calender", is THE way to fly! ONE easily found, concise point for event information.

I mean, isn't THAT what the calendar IS MEANT FOR???

If I offend anyone with my comments, I apologize, but I find that if "an event" is written up as a "Topic", it very soon disappears as the next following post PUSHES IT into the background!

Whereas if it is posted to THE CALENDAR, it remains there with all of the pertinent facts, time, place, fees, etc., in the post - merely click on the title of the event and it opens up just as any other topic does.

Having said that, I FULLY realize that I KNOW NOTHING of "computer" and do not understand the time & work involved to make this fly, but I would hope that we ALL would get behind whatever improvement that is best, and that means with our support AND A SMALL DONATION to help grease the wheels and IMPROVE OUR "HOME"!

orangepeal

Ndagruv...like that truck in the profile...of course its orange..I have an orange Yvette.an orange quad..died my dogs hair orange..I was gonna paint my house orange but hoa stopped that...

post-2607-0-19846800-1398985588_thumb.jp

Ndagruv, are you volunteering to maintain the calendar? Over the last ten years we've had several folk that have volunteered to do that but it doesn't seem to last long. I have suggested getting rid of the calendar if it's not going to be maintained.

Bellevue, friend!

Lexington here, UNL alum GBR

Adam - bite me :lol

Curt .... I think you're on to something .... I always thought that whoever set up an event, got it added to the calendar as part of the process .....

thx for stepping up ......... This is what keeps it rolling !!!! :partydance::rockon2::partydance:

:Dave: hi dave

Chameleon

For a single location to see what is going on, that is the purpose of the "Events" section.

Coming events are always "pinned" at the top of the page. Even if there have been no new posts in an event thread for several days, as long as the event has not yet occurred and is still pinned, it remains at the top of the page. Once the event is over, the thread is unpinned and drops down.

Regarding the calendar, even if an event is posted there, it usually just contains a link to the thread for that event in the "Events" section.

Like Hal, I thought that whoever set up an event would add it to the calendar. I always do when I set up an event.

MidNiteFury01

For a single location to see what is going on, that is the purpose of the "Events" section.

Coming events are always "pinned" at the top of the page. Even if there have been no new posts in an event thread for several days, as long as the event has not yet occurred and is still pinned, it remains at the top of the page. Once the event is over, the thread is unpinned and drops down.

Regarding the calendar, even if an event is posted there, it usually just contains a link to the thread for that event in the "Events" section.

Like Hal, I thought that whoever set up an event would add it to the calendar. I always do when I set up an event.

:agree Great idea about adding it to the calender when setting up an event. I like the calender just because it's easy to access & one stop shop. Not always is the date listed in the thread topic, but If I have weekend free, I can go to the calendar and see whats going that weekend & limit the search to what I can attend on that specific date.

What is an the ACE Rally Ball thing you were referring to 50 or so posts ago?

Desertdawg

Wait.... We have a calendar ????

.....it doesn't ever ever never ever never ever EVER remember me. I always have to remember my log in details and or type it in on the go

Marco, if your having to log in every time on your phone of pad or puter then it's a setting on those devices that won't remember your credentials. The forum has nothing to do with remember you.

Desertdawg

Not always is the date listed in the thread topic,

I used to go edit every new event thread to include the date in the tittle, I've been slacking, sorry!

Desertdawg

AND A DONATION to help grease the wheels and IMPROVE OUR "HOME"!

Curt, Your donation has been received at the ACE corporate offices, ACE thanks you !!! .

Ooh....I forgot to do that....damn rookies.... :facepalm:

Desertdawg

I hope the boring part of waiting for the forum to load is over, try out our new and improved ACE on the new servers and see if that doesn't liven up your day !!!

Buccaneer

I hope the boring part of waiting for the forum to load is over, try out our new and improved ACE on the new servers and see if that doesn't liven up your day !!!

Isn't this like the third time we have moved to "speed" things up? When is going to start, jus sayin'. I know, I know... :P

Desertdawg

We were on MP the whole time. They built new server farms and moved everybody.

Now we are on a whole new company. One that knows how to make the server and forum work together.

Grape Ape

Bellevue, friend!

Lexington here, UNL alum GBR

Adam - bite me :lol

Little town called Oakland for me. About 60 miles north of Omaha on hiway 77.

Has anyone thought of having monthly dinners at the same place every time? I try to remember to check what's going on but I don't always-but I'd remember the first Friday of every month at 7:30pm at Applebee's. And at dinner could be announced the upcoming events for the month.

I would like an email - I heard Donna today mention you used to send out monthly emails but stopped - I guess people didn't like it? Well, maybe not a monthly email but something that says "hey, This event is happening on this date, click here to sign up". Just one email as events come up, OR a calendar on this site vs posts of events. I tend to get confused looking through for ACE events.

I would love to plan something but my feet are not wet, I don't know how to dive in head first (socially a bit awkward).

The worst complainer is one without a solution. So,

I would be happy to send the emails for you of the events as they come up. If I had a list of emails, with your permission I'd be all over that.

I honestly think if we met one day a month at the SAME place for dinner or lunch, we'd see more people at events because they're talked about at dinner. And people would be more familiar with eachother, and maybe bring others in to the mix.

I insure a lot of classic cars, I continuously talk ACE up, and it would be so much easier if I said "hey, dinner is the first Thursday at this place, come meet us" vs "here's their website, go navigate and don't be scared when you read their comments" LOL joking :)

I really am socially uncomfortable around groups if I'm not familiar with everyone. It sucks, I try and life is too short to continue like that so I work at it all the time. There are a lot others like me, and it's overwhelming sometimes to walk into an already established group of friends without feeling like an outcast (NOT your problem). The more time I spend with you guys, the more comfortable I get and the more I want to help without fear of messing up something. I'm not quite at the event planning stage yet, but I'd like to be. Meanwhile, I'd like to help with email notifications and whatever else I can do.

Please consider one event a month at one place the same day and time. I think it would be cool. And instead of just only chatting on here, we could chat in person which will garner more participation in the other events.