• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• orangepeal

• Shifty

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I blame the blossoming AZ wine industry...

So when's the first bottle due? We could do an ACE cruise down there.

wickedfastvette

who are you ?

This is a picture of c7speed and his current ride.

post-924-0-75475100-1397063945_thumb.jpg

it doesn't look fast but with that auger on the back I bet he would be welcome at a ghey convention....

it doesn't look fast but with that auger on the back I bet he would be welcome at a ghey convention....

I guess we will just have to take Dawg's word for it!!! Perhaps personal experience Dawg? :laughing gut bustin:

With Julies work schedule, it is hard to post up more than just a few days in advance. I'm all for cruising up to Prescott for a burg any given Sat that Julie and I don't have anything going on (Mostly Julie). I'll try to give a little more heads up next time.

Yeah....give us some more notice damn it! :wtf:

Even though I live here in the area, I just hauled ass down to Congress and met up with Greg, Charlie, and (sorry..don't remember his name). I got a 2fer....down the mountain by myself (much faster), and back up with the other guys!

Ya'll should try it sometime....it's quite enjoyable!

It was fun wearing out Greg's back bumper! (I thought ZR1's we're supposed to be fast?) :smilelol

who are you ?
Needs some chrome emblems! :lol

I would love to have another lunch and cruise up here to Prescott.

Cherye, and the rest of the group.....

I'd be HAPPY to arrange a lunch get together and drive up here, if I could just get a little heads up from a few of the

"Important" members, as to when would work good.

I only have association, or friendship with the management at one place up here (pictured below) if that would be

acceptable to the group. They have great pizza and wings, along with many other good eats. And BEER!

I'm personal friends with the manager, and I'm sure he'd be happy to have our group. I'm sure I could get a portion

of the parking lot blocked off for just us, so as to not have any incidents.

If Donna, Cherye, Dawg, Jim, Eddie, Chad, or somebody could just help me with a time of whatever month works good,

I'll get it put together and start a thread. I just haven't had the ability to comb the forum and figure out when a good time

is that NOTHING else is already going on with all the car shows and such.

Please....get a hold of me and give me a heads up!

(The management thanks you for your support) :thankyou:

post-1452-0-89036100-1397068640_thumb.jp

Ha! Done with the auger for a little while. 3200 holes dug. I'd recommend coming for the Willcox Wine Festival in May or October. Our first vintage will be ready by Oct. The Comish is a regular, he'd be a good one to organize...

who are you ?

Nice to see Dawgs C3 tyres still in use..........

I would love to have another lunch and cruise up here to Prescott.

Cherye, and the rest of the group.....

I'd be HAPPY to arrange a lunch get together and drive up here, if I could just get a little heads up from a few of the

"Important" members, as to when would work good.

I only have association, or friendship with the management at one place up here (pictured below) if that would be

acceptable to the group. They have great pizza and wings, along with many other good eats. And BEER!

I'm personal friends with the manager, and I'm sure he'd be happy to have our group. I'm sure I could get a portion

of the parking lot blocked off for just us, so as to not have any incidents.

If Donna, Cherye, Dawg, Jim, Eddie, Chad, or somebody could just help me with a time of whatever month works good,

I'll get it put together and start a thread. I just haven't had the ability to comb the forum and figure out when a good time

is that NOTHING else is already going on with all the car shows and such.

Please....get a hold of me and give me a heads up!

(The management thanks you for your support) :thankyou:

Posted ImageIMG_20140210_190606-1.jpg

You don't need anyone's permission and/or blessing on picking a date. Pick one (far enough in advance) and ask people to come. It's a good idea to look at other events that might conflict, but otherwise just set it up. No one is more important than anyone else here.

If people are free they come. If not...oh well. It's just a matter of posting in the events section and drumming up people to go. Once people commit, you can tell the owner an aproximate number that will be attending.

You don't need anyone's permission and/or blessing on picking a date. Pick one (far enough in advance) and ask people to come. It's a good idea to look at other events that might conflict, but otherwise just set it up. No one is more important than anyone else here.

If people are free they come. If not...oh well. It's just a matter of posting in the events section and drumming up people to go. Once people commit, you can tell the owner an aproximate number that will be attending.

I realize that. I didn't ask for anyone's permission, or blessing.

I don't have all day (as I'm sure most people don't) to spend on here trying to figure out what's the best date to not

conflict with other stuff, as it appears some others do by how many posts they have on a regular basis. Also, I'm not

in tune with everything else going on because I'm not on here all the time. I'm just trying to do what I can.

Eddie commented that the mods or admin "would be happy to assist someone" with getting something going so...

I asked for assistance with planning a date. That's all......

I shouldn't feel like I'm going to be rediculed for asking for help. Maybe, just maybe, that one of the reasons that more

people don't step up, or speak up and try to get something going. Fear of someone else jumping their case for not

doing it the way that "they" would. Well, my feeling is.....if I'm not doing things as to someone else's satisfaction,

then maybe they should just step up to the plate and do it themselves!

Sorry....rant over.

Ha! Done with the auger for a little while. 3200 holes dug. I'd recommend coming for the Willcox Wine Festival in May or October. Our first vintage will be ready by Oct. The Comish is a regular, he'd be a good one to organize...

This would be epic, it's a blast but you need to like wine. Beer drinkers can be the designated drivers.

Be an over-nighter for sure though

I'm game for a wine cruise. I'm game for a wine cruise. I'm game for a wine cruise.

Having set up our Christmas party every year and have learned you figure out the best date for your time then put it out. They will show up or not just remember it takes time and especially with the type of groups like ACE, there is no organisation structure so you have no true base to work with, and as I have noticed in the past two years many previous people have moved on to other things ,Jobs, Homes, Lives, Cars .

Deb and I have been remiss in not planning or attending many events but are hoping that will change in the next few months.

Most things that are set-up lately have been with other than just ACE people, car shows , C and C . so it is easier to have a reason not to attend than attend.

It will all turn around now because the people are discussing what they can do to help the group do more...

I too have set up a number of lunches ..... just check the events section to see what's happening ... if it ain't there ... it ain't happening .... and the truly ACE events are "pinned" at the top of the list, as yours would be ..... so it only take a minute & thirty to check it out .........

Just pick a date and time that works for you and your venue .... and post it up ....... I've always tried to get the date out 30-60 days .... making certain everyone has a chance to schedule ... most venues are good with that ....... :eat:

and yeah ... we here to help where we can .... and will likely be rather matter of fact in doing so ... nothing personnel ....

it is very much encouraged the participates of ACE set these up .... one of the huge benefits of our "all of one" concept .... (( no club management and/or politics here please )) ....

so .... just go for it ........ :Dude:

oh yeah ......... we'd be down for a wine cruise ....... SB County?????

You don't need anyone's permission and/or blessing on picking a date. Pick one (far enough in advance) and ask people to come. It's a good idea to look at other events that might conflict, but otherwise just set it up. No one is more important than anyone else here. If people are free they come. If not...oh well. It's just a matter of posting in the events section and drumming up people to go. Once people commit, you can tell the owner an aproximate number that will be attending.
I realize that. I didn't ask for anyone's permission, or blessing. I don't have all day (as I'm sure most people don't) to spend on here trying to figure out what's the best date to not conflict with other stuff, as it appears some others do by how many posts they have on a regular basis. Also, I'm not in tune with everything else going on because I'm not on here all the time. I'm just trying to do what I can. Eddie commented that the mods or admin "would be happy to assist someone" with getting something going so... I asked for assistance with planning a date. That's all...... I shouldn't feel like I'm going to be rediculed for asking for help. Maybe, just maybe, that one of the reasons that more people don't step up, or speak up and try to get something going. Fear of someone else jumping their case for not doing it the way that "they" would. Well, my feeling is.....if I'm not doing things as to someone else's satisfaction, then maybe they should just step up to the plate and do it themselves! Sorry....rant over.
If it sounded like ridicule, I apologize. That was not my intent. :( What time frame were you thinking of?

oh yeah ......... we'd be down for a wine cruise ....... SB County?????

Was just there in fact. The hills be green, it was beautiful

Adam, like Hal said, look in the ACE Events section, for the threads pinned at the top. That will give you the dates that already have something going on, so you know which days to avoid.

Minimum of 3 weeks notice usually results in decent attendance. . .

I have felt for sometime that ACE is losing its appeal to many. I thought it was just me but today at C&C I had two different ACE members ask me what's up with the lack of participation lately? Some of you may not have been around here long enough to remember Corvette Saturdays. If you had a project for you Vette you'd just host a work day and you'd have huge response of assistance. I can't remember the last time anyone did this. We used to do monthly lunches with different members (not one Admin/Mod) suggesting the place. We used to do almost monthly cruises even if it was just to Prescott for breakfast or lunch. Let's hear your suggestions and/or bitches! Silence means you don't give a shit and would just as soon it stay like it is.

ACE started with the ideas of being a "low to no structured" group of like-minded individuals who like Corvettes. The other principles were hanging out with others working on Vettes, doing cruises, meeting for dinners and lunches. It was ACTIVITY that made this group. Members have to participate and reciprocate by leading events. You get out what you put in. Its why I often worked hard planning activities like charity poker runs, and lunch runs to meet members in the far reaches of the realm. I am not complaining, I enjoyed every minute doing stuff for the other members. But I also got out what I put in. Others helped me work on my car, they planned awesome events that I got to participate in and lots and lots of good times. Get out and participate is all I can say. Maybe less of these man small events with little participation and more larger planned events where members can meet more members. Nothing helps member morale like a long line of Corvettes going somewhere together.

EDIT: Corrected for all the f 'ing auto-corrects by my phone.

member moral Ikea a ling line

WTF !!! Did you ride the short bus to school today?

Speak english.... :lol