Why is ACE so Boring?

Eddie44

I think more would go to Prescott with more notice. We should plan a trip soon!

It seems about every 6 weeks or so, I always post up a burger run to prescott and get little to no response, At least the last time we went, there were 4 ACE members that tagged along. I don't know but it just seems that there is a lot going on with. I know we had a great ACE lunch in Feb abd the BBQ in Gilabedover was a good turn out. I'm not one to attend car shows but I'm always up for an ACE lunch and or a cruise.

See the new thread I started today about the display only corvette show in Payson on May 10. You may not mind this type of show since it isn't judged and all you do is show up, meet people, and leave when you want to. A good show for guys who don't like shows.

but love to cruise ..... best of both worlds !!!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• orangepeal

• Shifty

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Facebook ??? How much activity is on there that may have been on here /?? just askin .... cause I'm not on facebook except with my kids and grand kids ....???

Actual ACE action on facebook is almost non existent. Many of us are "friends" on FB and keep in touch that way, but it's more like our personal lives, not so much ACE comings and goings.

thx for the clarification ........ didn't know ........

It seems to me that our current membership wants to participate in events, but has little interest in initiating events. This is unfortunate. The informal nature of ACE makes it imperative for members to take initiative, because there isn't anyone officially 'in charge' of setting up activities.

When I was setting up the monthly lunches, I had several members send me PMs about this or that great place to have a lunch or a cruise, but when I replied to them with encouragement to 'set it up' nothing happened. . . they have the idea, but they want someone else to do the work. Very frustrating.

I would like to see more cruises and activities (like the AceBall Rally). Even the work to set up an event like that can be a lot of fun, but it does take time and effort. Maybe some of our RETIRED members would like to step up and plan something?

Anybody could have done it, and Everybody thought that Somebody was going to do it, so Nobody did it.

BBQ was good but it's another example. I remember a steady increase in numbers from about 15 Vettes at the first one I attended to over a hundred last year. I wasn't able to attend this year but hear there were about 65 Vettes. Why the drop in numbers?

Don't judge the BBQ as a drop in numbers, I didn't send out any news letters after the Dec. first letter, this year it was mainly active members who found the thread on their own, none of the yearly visitors who log on with the newsletter link for that one event... I was just telling Jammye how it seems we haven't been to hardly any events lately, both lack of events and our own lack of time or interest of attending, it seems like we've been to Phoenix almost 4000 times since the first of the year but 99% of those trips were not ACE related... I promise to get off my azz and get some newsletters out again, that always ups the participation every month. (Of course the open invitation for any ACE member to write the newsletter is still available too) .

It seems to me that our current membership wants to participate in events, but has little interest in initiating events. This is unfortunate. The informal nature of ACE makes it imperative for members to take initiative, because there isn't anyone officially 'in charge' of setting up activities.

When I was setting up the monthly lunches, I had several members send me PMs about this or that great place to have a lunch or a cruise, but when I replied to them with encouragement to 'set it up' nothing happened. . . they have the idea, but they want someone else to do the work. Very frustrating.

I would like to see more cruises and activities (like the AceBall Rally). Even the work to set up an event like that can be a lot of fun, but it does take time and effort. Maybe some of our RETIRED members would like to step up and plan something?

Anybody could have done it, and Everybody thought that Somebody was going to do it, so Nobody did it.

(like the AceBall Rally)... What's that? :P OK, J/K Donna.

1945 members and we've heard from about 10 and they're normally active anyway. Do the rest of you not give a shit? Just along for the free ride? We wanna hear from you with your suggestions for improvements or changes that would make your ACE experience more enjoyable.

wickedfastvette

I would love to have another lunch and cruise up here to Prescott, if I get 2 seconds free I will try and set one up, doing major renovations at my house and no free time for me and being up here in Prescott and not a lot of free time, driving 4 hours to go to lunch is getting tough for me to accomplish. Even when you set them lunches up in Prescott Greg you usually don't give a lot of notice.

There are also a few members that used to light a spark around here that are no longer around or at least are not around that often, I also think to much Censorship hurts just as much as not enough.

My free time is very thin lately and disposible cash is non-existent for me right now.

But I do agree with Eddie. I think even the forum itself has slowed down quite a lot.

Time seems to be a common thread in responses. That is 100% understandable and that's why ACE is set up the way it is. If you can make it to an event great and if you can't no one holds it against you. This thread is meant to get folks thinking about ACE and maybe motivating some of you couch potatoes to plan an event. The Admin/Mod staff won't do it for you but we're sure here to advise and help.

I'm not in a position to be teh Tucson whip, but we need one. We don't do crap down here, yet there are a butt-pile of Corvettes. Granted, Tucson is pretty lame, but there are a couple things to do here, Mt. Lemmon being one, Pima Air Museum another (see Tucson Events section). Sure, there's a few car shows, but that ain't really an ACE gtg.

It just feels slow here because I became a truck driver so I'm never here to stir things up.

Free Steg.

Well since we are being honest, I did try to do a Tucson thing and it met nothing but resistance until I just gave up. I was encouraged to do it by others but those were Phoenix and Gila Bend folks encouraging me.

As for Mod days I do at least 1 if not 3 a month at my house on Saturdays. But seeing as most people here are either active in Phoenix or doing bigger projects it made no sense for me to offer that up. Plus I wouldn't want anyone to catch my strange luck :LolLol:

In all honesty I don't really fit the group, I laugh and claim its my age but really I don't seem to. I really enjoy being around but either it really is the age or I am just of a different mindset. The sad thing is as time goes on those long standing members go other directions and only a few are left. This happens everywhere I am sure a few of us have seen it time and time again. Since I have decided to move on from the Vert and no offense but it will be the last Vert Corvette I ever own, I have felt even more like an outcast. So I have just slowly stepped back. I do intended on buying a C7 or C6GS in a year or two but until then why would you guys want an Orange FRS or Green RX7 hanging around :peter:

I will keep you guys informed of the next Car Show for Cancer its going to be in the Fall to try and keep us cool but beyond that I just see the group as many others do, being quiet with the exception of the same people and Tucson as being non-existent as almost always. Hell every time I go to SIR I wear my Ace Salute shirt. Only 1 Ace member has ever come up to me and said hi, just seems to be no one left.

However in the spirit of keeping it going anyone is welcome to come by the house on Saturdays and have food, drinks, work on cars or just hang out. Chey and I always enjoy the company. (And most of you admit to at least liking Chey)

Also come to think of it I took the Vette to the Pavs last month and no one was there, again I was wearing my Ace Salute shirt as was Chey, we didn't see anyone. We plan on going this weekend too but I was only going to take the FRS.

I'm not in a position to be teh Tucson whip, but we need one. We don't do crap down here, yet there are a butt-pile of Corvettes. Granted, Tucson is pretty lame, but there are a couple things to do here, Mt. Lemmon being one, Pima Air Museum another (see Tucson Events section). Sure, there's a few car shows, but that ain't really an ACE gtg.

It just feels slow here because I became a truck driver so I'm never here to stir things up.

Free Steg.

Well since we are being honest, I did try to do a Tucson thing and it met nothing but resistance until I just gave up.

A bunch of us showed up to your GTG, but you didn't make it....

Free Steg.

Well since we are being honest, I did try to do a Tucson thing and it met nothing but resistance until I just gave up.

A bunch of us showed up to your GTG, but you didn't make it....

I did quite a few events and did end up missing one but everyone still had fun. The problem was there was no real input from anyone else and every time the next one was harder and harder to get any input or head count. The thread is still open its pretty clear how it dwindled off.

But still if I am so bad at it then someone else do it. Not like I care, I do my own thing every Friday at BWW with a group of car enthusiasts and sometimes I cannot make it but they still meet up. It's not one person who makes the meet unless you're Big Poppa then everyone notices you're missing.... :LolLol:

Guest badbobs95

1945 members and we've heard from about 10 and they're normally active anyway. Do the rest of you not give a shit? Just along for the free ride?

I give a shit Eddie! :blur: I must, everyone keeps telling me I'm full of the stuff. :crazyphil: I also try to make fun of everyone equally, not just Marco. Oh ya Elliott, you don't need to go away, you just live too damn far from us!!!! :wacked: We love ya Elliott!

Please put a check by "GIVES A SHIT" by my name. How was the turn out for the pavs on sat? Sad part about it is, its going to be 110 before we know it. Then nobody is going to want to do anything. Sorry I missed bbq. Death in family

I know.... :facepalm:

. . .Marc, I wasn't talking about you.

I know what your non-ACE world is like, remember? I'm surprised and impressed you even make it on to the forum as much as you do. :howdy

I think more would go to Prescott with more notice. We should plan a trip soon!

It seems about every 6 weeks or so, I always post up a burger run to prescott and get little to no response, At least the last time we went, there were 4 ACE members that tagged along. I don't know but it just seems that there is a lot going on with. I know we had a great ACE lunch in Feb abd the BBQ in Gilabedover was a good turn out. I'm not one to attend car shows but I'm always up for an ACE lunch and or a cruise.

I agree. a little more notice so we can schedule it would be nice.

I know.... :facepalm:

. . .Marc, I wasn't talking about you.

I know what your non-ACE world is like, remember? I'm surprised and impressed you even make it on to the forum as much as you do. :howdy

It doesn't make it better though....I'm down to counting teh days however...

Elliot, Your just going to have to keep working at rounding up the Tucson Corvette owners and get them to join the forum, if your the only member posting events in Tucson and no other Tucson members can make it then you can't say its because no one cares, it's because no one else lives there. I can think of half a dozen members like poker cop that have joined only disappear, go find them, drag them back kicking and screaming, we spent the first few years doing just that to get ACE to grow. P.S. Thread name change to avoid the notion that ACE is dying instead of just slowing down.

I think everybody has figured out that YELLER Corvettes are the fastest...........

I'm still around too, but with anew job and a busy wife and two kids, I barely have time to change my own oil or wash the vette. I check in often and it always seems like events conflict with family. I try to make time for the bigger events, but even the BBQ got dropped from my hit list this year. :( I wish I could attend more, but it's tough. Still sending out the ACE love tho!!

Azmotorhead

I'm as guilty as anyone else as to not sparking GTG's or Mod days.

Most here know I have enough room to host a event.

Now that the long term A is just about gone I'll organize a GTG at my place.

If ya'll are handy with rakes & shovels you can come help with my landscaping too

Well this weekend we will be up Saturday with both cars. The Vettes getting the Tiger Shark bumper finally. If anyone wants to go with our do some modding at the house you're welcome to come over.

I would love to have another lunch and cruise up here to Prescott, if I get 2 seconds free I will try and set one up, doing major renovations at my house and no free time for me and being up here in Prescott and not a lot of free time, driving 4 hours to go to lunch is getting tough for me to accomplish. Even when you set them lunches up in Prescott Greg you usually don't give a lot of notice.

There are also a few members that used to light a spark around here that are no longer around or at least are not around that often, I also think to much Censorship hurts just as much as not enough.

With Julies work schedule, it is hard to post up more than just a few days in advance. I'm all for cruising up to Prescott for a burg any given Sat that Julie and I don't have anything going on (Mostly Julie). I'll try to give a little more heads up next time.