C4orce2

I cannot believe the number of recalls GM is making. Of course the recent ones were not made until a WOMAN took over the company; not sure if the two events are related or not!! In any event these recalls make me thankful that I have a C4. Shouldn't be any recalls for the well built C4s!!!

For Dawg's sake (and other ACEholes with Orange vettes, sorry guys) I just hope GM doesn't realize what they have done and recall all ORANGE vettes for re-painting to red or some other vette-like color!!! I'll keep listening to the news to see if that happens. Stay tuned. :laughing gut bustin:

I cannot believe the number of recalls GM is making. Of course the recent ones were not made until a WOMAN took over the company; not sure if the two events are related or not!! In any event these recalls make me thankful that I have a C4. Shouldn't be any recalls for the well built C4s!!!

..yea umm

that comment is sexist in my book.

It's not like they didn't know either....teh column lock bypass has been a necessary mod for C5's since teh first one rolled out.

First year C6's also had an issue. Old Mike or 'nort99' had a 2005 C6 that just would not start period due to some column/ignition issue and he had to get rid of it. I read something today some new C7 owners are reporting an ECU issue that stalls the car.

Major facepalm.

I would guess by your comment that you mean only a woman had the balls to admit their mistakes. Most folks doubt her testimony that the ignition key defect never crossed her desk. I chauffeured Jim McDonald the President of GM around for a week years ago. Those Executives are so sheltered that they honestly aren't bothered by something so small as a faulty ignition switch. That would be some engineer's worry. It might have made it to a Marketing Mgr's desk.

..yea umm

Thank you!!

ive never even heard of the ignition getting shut off, quite the opposite on the cobalts, hhrs and some malibus the pin retainer on the ignition lock cylinder falls out but the ignition gets stuck on in those cases.

Guest badbobs95

ive never even heard of the ignition getting shut off, quite the opposite on the cobalts, hhrs and some malibus the pin retainer on the ignition lock cylinder falls out but the ignition gets stuck on in those cases.

You're just saying that because you know what you're talking about. Mister smarty pants! :smilelol:bowtie

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Corvette Quarterly Statistics

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Recalls C4 generation (1984 - 1996) 1,693 incl. All Years

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Recalls C6 generation (2005 - 2013) 346 incl. All Years

Total number of Larry recalls 1 - Number successfully completed 0

My wife wishes I would be recalled. :facepalm:

My wife wishes I would be recalled. :facepalm:

I recall things on occasion, but I quickly forget what and why.

• 2 weeks later...
Marana Rich

Well, I guess making the news works! I just got a recall notice for my 2013 Cadillac,

"Pressure within the brake booster pump harness may cause a brake booster pump cavity plug to dislodge from the connector. This could allow contamination which may cause corrosion of the brake booster pump relay connector. If there is sufficient corrosion of the relay connector, it may cause a resistive short and melt the connector, which could cause a fire."

..yea umm

This ^^^^ coming from Chad is...PRICELESS! :P

Well, I guess making the news works! I just got a recall notice for my 2013 Cadillac,

"Pressure within the brake booster pump harness may cause a brake booster pump cavity plug to dislodge from the connector. This could allow contamination which may cause corrosion of the brake booster pump relay connector. If there is sufficient corrosion of the relay connector, it may cause a resistive short and melt the connector, which could cause a fire."

hey rich ive done a few of those last week, it should only take about 30 mins to complete as long as theres no damage to the harness(very unlikely).