NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

1998 Ducati 916

Grape Ape

SOLD TODAY

My Son-In-Law wants to sell his bike. It's a 1998 Ducati 916 that he's had for a while now. It does need some work and body panels replaced. He has a few parts he is missing and cannot locate at the moment. Not sure which ones either. It has been sitting in his garage for the last 5 years and not moved. Not sure on the tires or anything so I would assume they need replaced since it has sat for 5 years. I haven't seen the bike in a while so I can go by his place next week and take more pictures if anyone is interested. Not sure if $1000 is way to cheap but it sounds REALLY cheap to me. That's all he wants for it. Says it has about 10,000 miles on it.

Give me a call (Mark) or text at 480-540-1346 if anyone is interested in a little project bike and a fun one at that.

This is the only picture I have of it right now but can get more.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dang! I would like a bike very much, but I have no cycle repair skills/sources....1k seems a very fair price!

If I was still into bikes I'd grab in a second. $1,000 seems fair as parts for an Italian bike are not going to be cheap I think.

Dang! I would like a bike very much, but I have no cycle repair skills/sources....1k seems a very fair price!

For a Ducati you would need to be very familiar with desmodromic valves as well. $1K seems like a sweet deal for ANY 916, but buyers should be prepared for the 'dick tax' charged for Ducati parts and labor. Think two-wheeled Ferrari....

Ya nothing is going to be cheap for this thing. If anyone has an offer they would like (that is reasonable of course) I would be glad to forward it to him. He is very motivated in getting rid of it. I do have a guy interested in it right now but he lives in Tucson and hasn't seen it yet. So I guess he would have the first crack at it if he will be reasonable on the time frame.

Talked to him last night. Guess he found some of the parts for it and has it back together. I will go to his place Wednesday evening and get more pictures of it.

Bromley's Corvettes

I have a friend thats in the az duc club and az sport riders club. If you contact them I bet you will find a buyer. Nice bikes but I would never own one way to crazy on parts prices and service is funny bikes are in the shop more then on the road. They need valve adjustment every 6k or less.

Wow, I looked into this a little harder, and Ducati put out several uber-rare 'special editions' with hot rod motors so you really need to know what bike you've got there. A good resource to read through is here: http://www.odd-bike.com/2013/02/ducati-916-spsps-ultimate-desmoquattro_18.html

I hope he has an SPS! GLWS!

Here's a few more too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't know why this one keeps turning sideways on me but it does. This is the right side towards the bottom.

Posted Image

Final Effort

I gave your number to a guy I used to work with yesterday. I stopped into my old work to say high to everyone. His name is Dave and he's into this type of bike. He was there so I showed him some of the pictures. glws Harry

Thanks for doing that Harry. I talked with Dave last night and gave him my son in laws number. Maybe they worked out a deal. Haven't heard either way yet.

This bike would make a great track-day project. :ninja:

Wish I was 20 years younger and had the money to burn on it.

BIKE IS SOLD.....Thanks for the tip Harry. I assume Dave bought it.

Final Effort

Yep Dave just sent me a picture of it in his garage.

The ACE network pulled off another.