NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Powder coated Wheels and painted roof/Halo

uncledibble

uncledibble

I have been looking to make this appearance of my car "mine" now that the performance is mine. I welcome all feedback even the negative. I think it turned out great!

post-2436-0-18536100-1395959116_thumb.jp

needs more.

you asked for feed back bud so here is my opnion.

WHEELS:

Dont do all black wheels.

when the wheel is all black with all black tires, you loose the design.

You can tell is the wheel looks like this

Posted Image

OR THIS

Posted Image

if it were MY CAR, I would do something more than just black wheels.

i would add a red pinstripe, and or, red corvette lettering down a single spoke. I would make sure the brakes could be seen.

ROOF HALO:

a black either Mat, gloss, flat, satin, or metallic does look good when dark tinted windows to match.

my suggestion. dont do the mirrors. lots of effort to change the color and it will look you replaced teh original red units with black units from a junk yard because you have no money and got hit in a parking lot.

whatever color you do change the top and halo change teh A Pillars too.

I would add a red logo (flags, 427, or Z06) to the mid way point of the black halo to break up the black ness.

food for thought, instead of paint you can do vinal wrap of the halo, roof, and a pillars at a fraction of the cost.

my 2 cts

cheers

cahd

uncledibble

Thanks for all the feed back. I too have been considering something else for the wheels. For the record the work is done and the picture is my car as it sits. I am trying to get the ZR1 skirts and splitter deal done, but would like to see them first.

post-19-0-89796400-1395973561_thumb.jpg Think about blacking out the side and tail lights post-19-0-61482000-1395973608_thumb.jpg And do something with the flags

I think it looks damn nice, but the fuzzy foreground looks crappy :lol Pictures if you add the splitter/side skirts, joes been trying to sell them to me and it's not the look I wanted .

For clarification purposes: Is this something you have already done and asking feedback, or are you showing us a photoshop of proposed changes and asking for feedback? I also don't care for all black wheels. I like the halo and roof, but not the mirrors.

Where did you get your wheel powder coated? And if you can tell me how much was it I want to do that with mine.

Guest badbobs95

I'm with Cahd, not really, he's too tall for me. I also would add a red pinstripe to the wheels. Mine are black and polished aluminum which is a royal pain in the ass to keep shiny but it does break it up. I have to say the black mirrors are a bit of a distraction but not huge. That is all. I'm going back to sleep now. :boobies:

GREAT looking car, so far. I'm with the others on the black wheels - pin stripe or some red accent will look bitchin', splitter too would look mean. Ghost red deck stripe might be a nice touch.

One thing I've always considered was a black "hoop" with the face of the spoke being black, but a thin pin stripe on the side of each spoke.

I too am not crazy about the black mirrors, but I've seen worse.

uncledibble

I had the powder coating done at the Powder coat shop in GIlbert. Info Below. They also ceramic coated my headers. I have used him for a lot of work but his price to me was $50 per wheel.

The Powder Coat Shop
660 N. Neely St. Suite 8
Gilbert, AZ. 85233

I have been looking to make this appearance of my car "mine" now that the performance is mine. I welcome all feedback even the negative. I think it turned out great!

Looks badass!

Looks badass. My stuff is at the paintshop getting the same thing done including the mirrors. Can't wait to get it back and get everything put back on.

uncledibble

here is another picture after another bath and without any fuzz at the bottom. Just the raw iPhone picturepost-2436-0-04839300-1396307568_thumb.jp

Nicely done. If that was my car I would switch the lights to tinted one. Headlights, tail lights, and side markers. Looks great.

Hey Robb- where did you have the paint done at and what was the cost. Feel free to PM me with the details. My paint shop did a great job but wanted to compare prices. Car looks great now get those headlights out and send them over to Mike to work his magic.

The side markers are super easy. Pop them out, clean and dry them real well. Pick up a can of lens tint and give them a few light coats. wet sand with 1500 grit and polish and reinstall.

• 4 weeks later...