I'd say so.

bluecomet

Bromley's Corvettes

Those look like the same ones I put on the Pro Street 80 I built. Huge street tires:)

I'll be the dissenting opinion then! I can appreciate the work that went into this but personally the owner should be shot for destroying a fine automobile like this. He's the owner so he can do as he pleases but you don't destroy a fifty year old car like this. If it were an aftermarket body and parts then no problem.

It may have been a car with a frame/engine that could not be saved. It could have been a race car from the sixties, also.

I too cringe when I see a car like this modified but as said it's his car & a bad ass one at that !!!! Enjoy.

lorne

Look at it this way...

Assuming he took teh basket-case that this car was said to be, he could spend piles of cash to restore it, not to mention a fair amount of time, only to be a waxer/professional car storage dood. This way, though he still spent a chunk of change on it, he can actually drive it like it's intended.

Look at it this way... Assuming he took teh basket-case that this car was said to be, he could spend piles of cash to restore it, not to mention a fair amount of time, only to be a waxer/professional car storage dood. This way, though he still spent a chunk of change on it, he can actually drive it like it's intended.

I would argue this is in no way what GM intended when it built the 63 Stingray. You also assume it didn't take a bucket full of time and money to get this creation on the road.

Money, yes...I said that. Time, not nearly as much (for him) as a full-blown, body-off would have been.

I'd be willing to wager he has way more time & money in his projects then doing a full frame off ..... further, GM intended to build these babies for the masses, not sure how many of these they could sell .... and I'm certain alot of those GM would grin really big to see something like this put back together from a box of junk .... Crushin them, sorta speak, is more sinful then bringing them back to life in some form ..... especially when there is no chance in hell to bring them back to there full originality. Its always sad to see someone spend really big bucks trying to do so ..... except for their own enjoyment ..... thus the above example .....

Having said all that ... I agree with Eddie in there is nothing like seeing a total nut and bolt perfect 50 year old hot rod .... but its fun to see a one off every now and again ............ :2cents