Where are the Old School Guys? Carb Questions

Two Fangs

I recently had a few fuel leaks on a set of very rare carburetors (less than 25 sets in existence) and had to have Holley put together a gasket kit for me. They did, and I am very grateful that they took the time to punch them out in the new non-stick blue gasket material. They arrived yesterday, so I called in sick at work to spend some quality time with my old shitbox Camaro and rebuild the carburetors. However, for bowl screw gaskets, they sent me these whacky-assed white nylon (fancy word for plastic) washers. Are these any good? Does anyone have any experience with these, or should I pony up for some old school style bowl screw gaskets off of ebay?

Bromley's Corvettes

The Jap Quick fuels come with plastic washers:) I have never had one leak.

Bromley's Corvettes

You will need to TQ them more but they usually work well:)

If they are really Nylon (extremely pale yellow) rather than Teflon or Delrin (pure white), do the install during the heat of the day when the humidity is at it's lowest.

Holley swears they are nylon, but like you, Tom, they are pure white which leads to believe they are really something else. Doug, thanks for your input, I feel a little better about using them. No one said those Chinese fuckers weren't clever :) Thinking about rolling it out to Mixteca on Saturday. Thanks to all for their input!

If they are really Nylon (extremely pale yellow) rather than Teflon or Delrin (pure white), do the install during the heat of the day when the humidity is at it's lowest.

So wait till the end of June.

Used on many different aircraft applications as back up rings, pure white and teflon.

they must use these on the 7th fetzer valve, humidity makes them stick

Used on many different aircraft applications as back up rings, pure white and teflon.

they must use these on the 7th fetzer valve, humidity makes them stick

The 7th stage as well as the 3rd...

Spoke to one of our carb guys who specialize in the old one off stuff .... He said he has used them successfully .... he also noted that some Holley's actually came with such a piece and thats the only thing that can be use .... I personally had not seen that before on Holleys ;;;; #but what do I know ........

What is this "carburator" thing you speak of?

I believe its the part the flux capacitor hooks up to

The plastic washers stick out from the bolt and are visibly noticeable. I use them on the 71. like said they need to be tighter than normal. Or, just run the engine for a bit and recheck torque. I have used small o rings around the bolt as a emergency replacement that turned out to be permanent :)

Never had issues with white nylon, blue nylon or paper gaskets. Just don't get carried away tightening the screws.