The toughest post I've ever made anywhere

Loud Pedal

I spent a lot of time crafting a wordy statement to deliver this news, but have decided to just keep it short and simple.

After 5+ years of monumental investment of both time and treasure, LPM is closing it's doors on May 1. I can't thank enough those who worked with me to build this enterprise and those who supported what we set out to do. I truly appreciate all that everyone has done to make this a success, but unfortunately, it just isn't a sustainable model for us. I also have to publicly thank my wife for letting me go on trying 'just one more thing' in an effort to save this business. Unfortunately, I was very wrong.

Many shops have come and gone in the valley and most of them leave a wake of destruction in the process. LPM will not be among them. We are leaving with integrity. We haven't screwed anyone the entire time we have been in business and will absolutely not start now.

We have some cars in the shop now. There is nothing to worry about for those that do. We will complete the work with the same level of expertise we always have and I will stand behind it even past the end of LPM. You have my word, which over the years I have proven has value. It seems to be an extremely rare commodity in this industry.

I'm sitting on a lot of Redline product right now. I will honor the blowout specials we ran when we started carrying it for the month of April. It is a hell of a deal for anyone who needs to have juices changed. Billy will re-post those today.

Thank you all so much. I really appreciate your support in this venture and wish it could have worked out differently. I gave it my all and it simply wasn't enough.

All the best,

Dave

I haz a sad!

I hate to see you close but at least you can turn off the lights with your head held high!

Thank you for the work on my toys, LPM will be missed!!!

Dammit.

Sorry to hear this Dave. Thanks to you and all the good peeps at LPM for taking care of my heap over the years!

Bromley's Corvettes

WOW sorry to hear this:( I know how crazy hard business is thees days its a battle to keep things going. So many things to bring you down it gets old. Its really nice to hear your not going to go down in flames and burn people like so many other shops have in the past. Some of the crap shops have done and get away with is crazy. With the huge investment you put into the business you shore did make a huge effort to make it work.

Azmotorhead

Man. Hate to hear this. I always liked what I saw there.

Sorry it didn't work out the way you anticipated.

Team LPM, sorry to hear of this news. I know I havn't had much done to the car there but it was always nice to know that yins were there!!! Good luck to you all and the BBQ's/ jerky will be missed!

Guest badbobs95

I completely agree with everything said here. You guys always took care of my cars and I deeply appreciate it. So sad.

Sorry to read this Dave! Hope your future indeavors are more prosperous.

Andrew

Sorry to see this thread. Appreciate you doing what you have to my car. I know it wasn't a lot of work but it was alway top notch.

Dang, this sucks! Sorry to hear about this.Thanks for everything you guys have done for me. Your shop (and bbq)will be missed.

Damn.......I hate to hear this, but understand the economics. LPM was the only shop that performed any work on the car, to include warranty work. Thanks to LPM, the employees, and Dave personally, in always helping me out when FNBADAZ06 needed some loving attention. The shop will be sorely missed.

It's truly sad to see another quality shop go away. Even though I never even met you guys, I'm sad to see the shop go.

Sorry to hear this news Dave .... ya gotta do what ya gotta do .... LPM and your team will surely be missed ...

Will still however look forward to tippin a few with ya'll !!!

Wow I never thought I would see this coming Dave. I'm sad to see the ultimate man cave close its doors. I know a lot of us will miss the LPM dyno days and BBQs but at least we had those days.

I wish you the best in any future endeavors.

It is always sad to see a business close it's doors , but sometimes it is necessary, I am glad to hear you have had the support of your wife, many lose not only their business but there family.

Having only had my car in a few times your shop seemed one of the better ones in Arizona, I hope you go onto better things. seems you certainly are a man of Class.

Good Luck and thanks for the chance to have meet a man such as you.

Oh SHITSKI!! It's too scary out there ? I felt comfortable with the shop, workers and integrity of the owner. I feel for the personnel that I've come to know. My best wishes for them to land on their feet running. ? I feel so lost and afraid now ? My condolences Dave, ?SLAMMER?