Need C-7 Calipers painted or powder coated

66silverpearl

66silverpearl

I am the lucky new owner of a 2014 3LT, Z51 coupe. The only option I wanted and do not have is the red brake calipers. I live on the west side (Surprise) and would appreciate any advice on who might be able to do this for me.

66silverpearl

Light Grey interior, Mag Ride, Multi-Mode Exhaust, Carbon Fiber Dash, Chrome Z-51 Wheels, six speed auto. Thanks for asking.

If you're interested in powder coating, call Affordable Powder Coating, 602-272-7646. They are at 2111 W. Filmore. www.AFFORDABLEPOWDERCOAT.com. Met the owner at a car show. Never used them but you might want to check them out.

66silverpearl

I should have said at the start of the thread that I don't have the ability (or space) to remove the calipers myself and send them out. I am looking for a shop that I could take it to that would do the entire job.

You might check with Phil "azmotorhead". He is on your side of town.

Guest badbobs95

You might check with Phil "azmotorhead". He is on your side of town.

I agree, go pick on Phil! I heard he has a large garage! :wacked::laughing gut bustin::laughing gut bustin::laughing gut bustin:

I would add the brake caliper brackets in there too while your getting the calipers done. braided ss brake lines would also be a good idea

Pictures of the car would be appreciated so I know the car when I see you....

Congrats on the car...

Azmotorhead

Good talking with you today Bill.

I'll keep my ears and eyes out & see what I can find

• 2 weeks later...

I have a shop here in Chandler will do them for $120 for all 4.

Azmotorhead

I have a shop here in Chandler will do them for $120 for all 4.

Do they know that seals aren't available for them yet?

the only problem is the c7 calipers do not have raised letters. So you would have to paint over that.

Guest badbobs95

the only problem is the c7 calipers do not have raised letters. So you would have to paint over that.

That's what you get for buying a C7! Now suffer. :wacked:

joe@cpr.com

Here are his caliper's all done, originally they were black :)

post-1028-0-43608400-1397156689_thumb.jp

66silverpearl

A big shout out of Thanks to Joe and the crew at CPR for getting this done for me! Because I live on the west side, I thought logistics would be a nightmare but Joe made it super easy. I was flying out of town on a business trip this week, so I took the car to Joe's shop which is just a short drive to the airport. He drove me to the airport, did the work and picked me up when I flew back in a few days later. Now that is premier service! To top it off, the calipers look fantastic and his charges are less than what you would pay for the factory option. So the moral of the story boys and girls is if you are ordering a C7, skip the red painted calipers option and have Joe do it after you get the car. Thanks again Joe!

Those look nice. Is that paint or powder coat? Is the lettering stickers, paint or powder coat?

Yes. same questions.

joe@cpr.com

A big shout out of Thanks to Joe and the crew at CPR for getting this done for me! Because I live on the west side, I thought logistics would be a nightmare but Joe made it super easy. I was flying out of town on a business trip this week, so I took the car to Joe's shop which is just a short drive to the airport. He drove me to the airport, did the work and picked me up when I flew back in a few days later. Now that is premier service! To top it off, the calipers look fantastic and his charges are less than what you would pay for the factory option. So the moral of the story boys and girls is if you are ordering a C7, skip the red painted calipers option and have Joe do it after you get the car. Thanks again Joe!

Thank you so much sir for the kind words! It was a pleasure working on your C7 and when the crazy one we are doing comes in you will have to head down and check it out :)

Those look nice. Is that paint or powder coat? Is the lettering stickers, paint or powder coat?

Yes. same questions.

We had Elite Automotive finishes paint them and use a very high quality clear which is applied over a decal for the corvette letters. We have done numerous calipers this way many of which are on cars that get tracked pretty hard and they have zero paint issues.

Bromley's Corvettes

Here are his caliper's all done, originally they were black :)

Oh so pretty:) They should just come that way for what the cars cost but just leaves more room for modds lol.

66silverpearl

The 2014 is Switchblade Silver with Grey interior. It is a 3LT, Z51 Automatic with Mag Ride. Carbon fiber dash, Chrome wheels and performance exhaust. The 1966 is Silverpearl, black headrest seats, vinyl, with a 427/425 M21 4-speed. F41-suspension, sidepipes Tinted glass, AM/FM Telescopic Steering Wheel and power windows. It has many show wins and was a complete frame off restoration in 2004.