Don't sit in front of your car at shows

C4orce2

I heard about this from a guy who was apparently there. It happened at the Pavilions Saturday show a couple of weeks ago. Two guys were sitting in front of one of their cars when someone backed into them and pinned them hard against one of their cars. The driver then freaked out and hit them even harder. Not sure the extent of their injuries. I never sit in front of my car for this very reason!! :huh:

Also when sitting between rear of vehicles I get up out of way when owners start up. Saw a guy almost get ht in both knees as the car was reverse & not forward. There wasn't a foot between the 2 vehicles bumpers!

Azmotorhead

Who sits by their car at a car show?? Make a point to get out & look at other peoples pride & joy.

When I did shows I'd pull in, wipe it down, open it up, & walk away. Go look at other machines.

Too many times while hanging around my car the know it alls would start in with the "this is wrong..." speech

Then again if I sat by my car at the Pav's maybe someone wouldn't have stolen my door lock knob and rear seat ashtray from my 442.

I heard about this from a guy who was apparently there. It happened at the Pavilions Saturday show a couple of weeks ago. Two guys were sitting in front of one of their cars when someone backed into them and pinned them hard against one of their cars. The driver then freaked out and hit them even harder. Not sure the extent of their injuries. I never sit

in front of my car for this very reason!!

:huh:

Well you would be a pretty hard target to miss. :bannana4:

I always thought that if you want people to look at your car, don't be the obstacle blocking the view by sitting in front of it. I agree with Phil, don't be a camper and go mingle and surf.

Good seeing ya tonight Larry. I usually make my rounds at shows too. Thanks for the heads up though. WATCH OUT FOR OLD PEOPLE.....

Sooooo you have to be old to do something stupid????

I think Chuck and I would strongly disagree.

:toetap

I'm just sayin' and was kidding----a little... :hehehe: ...Another example is I was at the Mesa swap meet a couple years ago and this "older" lady was riding one of those 3 wheeled electric scooters you can rent. She started to run up the back of her daughters legs with it and she panicked. Instead of removing her right hand from the throttle, she tried to move her daughter from the front of the scooter with her left and at the same time "flooring" the scooter with her right. She couldn't stop the thing if she wanted to. Someone else that was with her ripped her hand off the throttle so it would stop. I'm not sayin' ALL old people are like that but...... :LolLol: I'm getting there myself. You should see me drive an airplane around the airport..Can't believe the give me a license to do that.

OK, You've been warned! Stay the Hell out my way! 74 and proud of every one of those years. They didn't come easy!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I couldn’t agree more…

72yrs. & 11months here..

We don’t have a lot of time left..

So stay out of our way!

^^^^ Right behind you Bob. Hitting the brakes is only required so that you can return to the starting line for the next race. :3gears:

That's my #1 aggravation with the Pavilion's; people sit in front of their cars - like look at me and not the car.

Actually one of the two hit was in a wheel chair and has a blue Nova. The car driver got in a spat about where his car was and tried to leave and plowed into the two guys. I don't think they were sitting in front of the cars, they were actually moving down the aisle. Last I heard he might lose one of his legs !

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/16/14, at the Fountain Hills show, I met a mustang owner who was sitting on the other side of the aisle and one car over from where the accident occurred. He saw the whole accident and even knows the driver of the car that hit the two guys. That driver was also driving a mustang and, like az57chevy said, got into some argument about where he parked. He pulled out of the spot driving forward, not reverse, hit the gas and hit two guys, one in a wheel chair, who were in the aisle. Then for some reason while still going forward, he freaked out and floored it burning rubber as he pressed against the two guys even more. Both cars involved were towed away on flatbeds. The witness was not sure of the extent of the injuries. He could not explain we the mustang driver did it but he said he was elderly.

I think we should sticky this thread and title it "Thinking of Taking Your 'Vette to a Car Show?"