calling the Red C5 vert owner at the Gila Bend BBQ

ChadC

there was a C5 car that i want to know the brand of seats the owner used.

It was a

red C5 vert, black alternator, Black centi supercharger, Nitrus (or meth) kit with Recaro seats.

I wanted to know what brand, make , model of recaro seats they were.

thank you

cheers

Chad

Is that the one with the wide body? That car is awesome!

You keep saying Recaro and asking what brand they are...

Sorry for the hijack Chad, but Chris, is that your new rig? If so...NICE Dood!

Chad that's the red one we built. They are recaros out of an evo.

So the same seats I have then?

Sorry for the hijack Chad, but Chris, is that your new rig? If so...NICE Dood!

Thank you sir...

[/hijack}

Joe, or anyone who has seen the c5, are the recaros on c5 oem rails?

Joe, or anyone who has seen the c5, are the recaros on c5 oem rails?

I have, and yes. Although the owner said it need an adapter he made himself because the holes don't quite line up.

Yes they are on the OEM rails with an adapter plate.

do you know what year of EVO car they came out of?

Take off the factory mounting feet basically on the C5 seats, the fronts fit but you have to offset them. The rear I had to make 2 brackets to lengthen the mount point because the rails were shorter.

The Evo 8 and Evo 9, not sure on the years of those but it was the first models released here in the US I thought... I am not as familiar with Mitsu other than the crank walk jokes.

I bought my last set a few months ago for the FRS for 450 or 500 I believe.

Any side interference with the tunnel or seatbelt...or does it actually clear the sides? I recall GuyverVette had those seats too.

These Recaros were from an Evo IX and were the MR model. Alcantara inserts and leather edges. Not sure what years make up the Evo IX, but they are now up to Evo X. I purchased these seats on the EvoM forum, for $900 plus shipping. There were near new condition. Here is the scoop on fitment:

• They are a bit wider than the stock seats, but squeeze in. If you move the seats all the way back it gets tight against the plastic, since the clearance tapers narrower in the car. If you take care in making the mounting brackets (side to side positioning) you can minimize the squeezing of the seat sides to the plastic.
  • C6s shouldn't have the same issue with the space getting as narrow in the rear, due to the seat belt arrangement. The retractor reel is in a different location, so there isn't as much of the plastic housing sticking out at the bottom, that is the main feature that makes it a tight squeeze in C5s.
  • Had to remove the Recaro back adjusters, and cut the shaft a bit, to clear the seat belt plastic cover. I just set back lean and leave them. You can carry the adjusters in the car or a pair of pliers (easiest solution), to adjust the seat tilt.
  • The Evo rails are a bit narrower than the C5 mounting holes, so I cut two 3" wide rails and drilled 4 holes to match the stock C5 powered rails and the Evo seats.
  • Some mods need to be done to the metal frame of the Evo seat, but not too major. Here is the link to the Big Forum where I saw the procedure
  • http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-general/3215758-another-alternate-seat-for-the-c5.html
  • Mounting to the stock rails may be a bit high for tall people, which in that case I heard you can mount them to Corbeau? rails, but you lose the power option.
  • I can use the power option to move fore and aft, and some limited tilt, but the seat needs to be near the bottom of the tilt to get it back near the stock position, so other than getting some tilt back, (something the A4 Corbeaus lack) it is not much use.
  • I stripped all of the sport seat modules and stuffed them in the Recaros to retain the power telescoping feature.
  • In a convertible, since the seat belt guide is mounted low (no B pillar), if you need to push the seat all the way back, it hampers the retract of the belt. I have the seat fairly far back so I feed the top of the belt in when I set the belt, or I pull on a loop I attached to the belt to make it tight.
  • Also on a convertible, if you have the seat all the way back, it will be difficult to open the top cover, as the rear window presses against the back of the seats, and they don't flop forward as the C5 stockers. I got them to work by doing a small modification to the waterfall cover.
  • I believe the coupe does not have either of these issues.
  • I am using the stock seat controls, but do not have a mounting boss, or mounting solution. I just wrapped the wires black and lay the seat controls along side the seat.
  • The seats are very form fitting in the torso area. Pretty much like the sport seat bolsters set on full inflation. The bottoms have a nice bolster that you can feel also, but not too tight.
  • Great seats, and make a big difference in terms of comfort and holding ability in the twisties.

Feel free to send me a message if you have any other questions (nrsugaiatgmaildotcom). If you are near Ahwatukee or CPR, we can meet up if you want to see them in person.

Neil

That's very true on the back adjusters I had to cut the shaft down on mine too and I keep one of the handles in the glove box if I ever need to move them. The plus side to this though is that no one screws with my seats back placement like I would always get with the Mustang when I took it to the car wash. I mean they were driving it 5 feet but they had to adjust everything on the seat before they did and leave it that way.... morons.

Evos 03-05 where Evo 8's and had the blue center non suede.

06 was the only year for the Evo 9. All Evo 9's had the same seats (MR or not). All black with suede centers. The SE models have red stiching. $900 is a average deal for them.