NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

8th Annual All Chevy Show

C4orce2

Hey guys. You know that I go to a lot of shows that I do not mention here on the forum. The ones I do talk about are ones that I feel are special for various reasons. Here's one that I feel is special. It is sponsored by the Verde Valley Vettes and Larry Green Chevrolet in Cottonwood. You can see from the below link that takes you to the registration form that it has 6 corvette classes including one for the C7s. The only class that has two generations in it is the one for the C2s and C3s. I went to this show 2 years ago and had a great time. Here are the reasons I like this show:

1. It is of course cooler in Cottonwood than Phoenix in the middle of May and the cruise up there is only 77 miles from I-17 and Care Free HI;

2. Free lunch (I know that means babbob will go);

3. great classes for vettes;

4. put on by another corvette club that does not get a lot of exposure and may not know about ACE;

5. and most importantly, even though the registration form does not mention this, when I went up for the show 2 years ago, the Chevy dealer gave away a new car at the show!. They have a program for several local high schools where every student that had a perfect attendance record during all 4 years, have their name put into a hopper. At the car show one lucky kid will get his or her name drawn and will get a new car from the dealer. I confirmed with the show organizer that this will be done again this year, in fact, they do that every year at the show. Personally I think that is great and I want do anything I can to support that dealership.

The registration fee is only $20 and you can pre-register or do it day of show. It is participant voting for the awards and we can park as a group if we get there together. I'd suggest that we meet at the McDonalds just east of I-17 on the north side of Care Free HI and plan on leaving at 6:30 sharp. That would give us time for a short stop at Camp Verde (just in case badbob is going), and get to the show right around 8 when registration starts.

If anyone is interested, post up. I told the organizer from the club that I would let him know how many of us are coming up. Here is the link to the registration form: http://verdevalleyvettes.com/calendar/may/2014ChevyShow.pdf

thanks.

In List:

C4orce2

Chas4570

1jester (driving up seperately)

roneva

Maybe:

badbob

I worked last night so I saved myself a vacation day to use at a date to be determined. Think I might have to do this one. Sounds like fun but WAY early to get up. But I can do it. The wife won't though.

• 3 weeks later...

Had to help my daughter move last night so I had to use my "extra" vacation day I had. Probably wont able to make this now.

Looks like my 3.5 years with Home Depot is coming to an end this weekend. Sounds like a fun event to attend.

Chas

• 2 weeks later...

I'm your huckleberry. I'll attend this one. hopefully, cooler than in the valley.

Started the lists on the first post. Let me know who else wants to go or who needs to cancel. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Since 5/17/14 is not that far off now, thought I'd remind everyone about this show. If you can go and you're not on the In List, let me know. Hope to see you there.

:ACE:

IN LIST updated. If anyone else is going, let us know.

Weather update: at this time the forecast for Cottonwood on 5/17/14 is mostly sunny with a high of 83. Sounds great for the show!

For those of us going to the Cottonwood show, if you think 6:30 is too early, simply come up when you want to. I always get to shows early since I have a lot of cleaning to do once I get there. I will be at the meeting place and not leave until 6:30. If no one shows up I will go on by myself and see you guys at the show. Should be a great day!!

I'll have to clean mine again after this weekend. It seems that the Sap from the tree speckled the car.I'm sure the drive over from strawberry will pick up another pound the bugs.

Larry I just thought of something I would rather do at 6:30AM than meet up with you. I'll see you at the show. Thanks for posting up the notice.

Here's a few pics of the Larry Green Chev Show this past week end in Cottonwood, AZ. Surprise, surprise, Larry won another trophy, but check out his project car! Larry, Mike and I were the only ACE members I saw. Nice little car show. As many people suggested, Larry you may want to rub a little harder to get rid of the numerous water spots on that otherwise nice Vette! Note the VW is Chevy powered. Click the link.

http://s235.photobucket.com/user/gunnerron2/slideshow/Larry%20Green%20Chev%20Show%205-2014?sort=3

Nice Pix Ron .... thx for posting up !!!

As many people suggested, Larry you may want to rub a little harder to get rid of the numerous water spots on that otherwise nice Vette!

http://s235.photobucket.com/user/gunnerron2/slideshow/Larry%20Green%20Chev%20Show%205-2014?sort=3

Thanks for the great pics of the show. I know, I know, sometimes I get lazy and don't completely clean the car. The bigger the show, the more I clean it. Besides, no one expects an old "resto jalopy" to be totally clean and shinny like a new car. I'll try and do better from now on!!

PS: Mike also pointed out that I need to "clean the dust out of my crack". I thinks he was talking about the car's "rear bumper", but I'm not sure. So I'll try and have my crack clean next time. Before the next really big show I guess I'll have to get in touch with Ted or Bob, the ACE professional crack cleaners!!! :laughing gut bustin: