International GT Open - SRT returns

MOTV8

Ya, there aren't enough o's in cooooooooooooooool to describe them baby's....

You woulda loved teh GTR at Barrett dood....Lambo orange, 1200 horse twin turbo LS7....I was only $268K short of taking her home.

mosler-raptor-gtr-side.jpg

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MOTV8

• Shifty

• P51tj

• Desertdawg

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Surely you could have panhandled outside for 20 minutes or so.... :toetap

Don't call me Shirley and what makes you think I didn't? :lol

Teh Tutumlu speaks....

Isaac Tutumlu Aiming For Podium In The Ardennes

Tutumlu_Friday_Hungaroring.jpg

The experienced Spanish driver of Kurdish heritage continues his participation in the International GT Open, at the wheel of the Chevrolet Corvette C6/ZR1 entered by Selleslagh Racing Team by Barzani. The BoP has been slightly changed for Spa-Francorchamps and the American car will be less strongly penalized compared to previous meetings.

Isaac Tutumlu and Barzani Racing Team resume their 2014 season in the International GT Open and what better place than Spa-Francorchamps after a long hot summer. At Silverstone, last July, Tutumlu and Barzani Racing Team managed to finish on the podium despite a Balance of Performance strongly penalizing the Chevrolet Corvette C6/ZR1 shared by Tutumlu and his teammate Archie Hamilton. In Belgium the car will be twenty-five kilograms lighter and this detail is an excellent prospect for the duo of Selleslagh Racing Team by Barzani.

“What a long and exhausting wait! But finally we are back, and it is even better as Spa-Francorchamps is always a thrilling venue. We approach the decisive stage of the season, there are still six races left and it means a huge amount of points. My teammate Dimitris Deverikos and I finished second there, as pit strategy was optimal, with the Autorlando Sport Porsche. I am looking forward to racing there once again. It´s such a demanding racing track. I love it!”, Tutumlu stresses. He highlights that “our handicap is 25 kilos lighter this time. On the whole it is not a major contribution as we will improve only a few tenths but at least brakes and other elements will have a normal wear. The car was not built to carry a weight handicap that heavy. Let´s see how weekend´s weather forecast is, because our car weight distribution does not help in wet conditions, and the Chevrolet is maybe less competitive. The entry list looks great again, so we will have to get the most out of the car in order to finish on the podium”.

Friday is completely devoted to free practice sessions, with both qualifying sessions on Saturday morning. Race one – 70 minutes- starts the same day at 16.00. The weekend ends with race two – 60 minutes- on Sunday at 13.00.

@Spa

I see some new decals....but don't ask what teh dood with teh sack on his head is doing.

BwtPE7xCUAALZiY.jpg

Tutumlu_Barzani_box_Corvette_Spa.jpg

Turns out Spa is Maxime Soulet's "home" track and he knows it by heart, as teh V8 Racing boys took P1 in both Pro and Am at teh first free practice.

Bwwafi1IgAAcSLq.jpg

Race One will stream live at 6:45 am tomorrow...

And Race Two will stream live at 3:45 am Sunday...

I wish that teh times were reversed so that I could watch Saturday's race before going to work, but oh well....

I can't watch from work, our computers are the suck for video....I'll have to watch when I get home, so no spoilers....

....I'll have to watch when I get home, so no spoilers....

Ok. I'll just say "#winning" and leave it at that. :Jake:

Sucks that all of Soulet's hard work evaporated from Tutulu's "moment"....and then to get hit for teh extra 30 seconds to drop from 4th to 7th for leaving teh pits too early...

Yea that's his track, hope they have better 'luck' in race 2.

Tutumlu sez teh steering was broke, not cold tires. I'm not sure I believe that.

Tutumlu sez teh steering was broke, not cold tires. I'm not sure I believe that.

Exactamundo! It looked exactly like chilly tires to me...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm already jonesing for Monza!

BTW: Teh race commentator is great, and often :rolf in that dry brit humour....I think it would help TUDOR immensely to have Jeremy Shaw and John Hindaugh back....together, they forgot more about road racing than I think our current crop of babbling idjits will ever have...

:Jake: Ride along with teh Tutumlu at Spa for teh pole setting lap.....

Just out for a Sunday Drive ..... they make it look soooo easy .........

I'm stoked for Monza....what time will Saturday's race be available? I've got to work, but if it's early enough, I'll watch before heading in.

I'm stoked for Monza....what time will Saturday's race be available? I've got to work, but if it's early enough, I'll watch before heading in.

Race One will stream live at 6:45 am Saturday...

Race Two will stream live at 4:15 am Sunday....

And someone is entering a GT3 Camaro at Monza: http://www.gtopen.net/article_app.php?id=1146&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Thomas Enge used to be a helluva driver for Aston so it should be interesting to see if they have teh pace at Monza.

I did not see THAT ending coming! Was all set to sing teh praises of teh newb Kelvin then he faded like he got shot or something.

I think Soulet turned it over to Snoeks too early in teh change....he should have may more hay while teh sun was shining... :facepalm: