Top Posters In This Topic

• MOTV8

• Shifty

• P51tj

• Desertdawg

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG !!!! was that ever fun ......... :Hey:

almost peed myself comin down that straight to turn one ... and yellin too .......... !!!

thx for post that up ............. way cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbs:thumbs

So cool that you guys keep us up to speed on these exciting events ............ mucho thx mon

:thumbs:thumbs

So cool that you guys keep us up to speed on these exciting events ............ mucho thx mon

Enjoy!

Though not finishing well (or at all), that #2 Corvette of Pastorelli and teh #6 Corvette of my man Soulet put on one helluva battle until teh 6 car died. They must have used up all of their tires when that #61 GTS Ferrari walked on by Pastorelli...

That #58 Audi R8 with both drivers sure was impressive!

I have not been able to find out what happened to teh Big Yeller 7.0! Soulet was all over teh #2 and was going to pass for sure and then he just pulled off like he lost teh motor or something. Weird.

Race 2 will be live streamed in teh wee hours of the morning, maybe Jim will be up to watch....

Teh Tutumlu muttered something in espanol about "cambio o diff ", which is technical jargon I presume.

I saw a datsun GT-R sneak into teh field.

Fresh meat. :Jake:

Transmission....for Soulet

Sumbitch.....bad weekend for teh Corvettes... :facepalm:

Sumbitch.....bad weekend for teh Corvettes... :facepalm:

^^this

Bright side is no extra weight or penalty time for teh next round.....

Good call. Teh Corvettes did look kinda sluggish, even compared to teh Audi R8.

Blurbage, and CM will have another one later...

Gearbox Problem Forced To Retire Isaac Tutumlu

Despite promising prospects while approaching the International GT Open round at the Circuito de Jerez, Isaac Tutumlu and Barzani Racing Team faced unplanned issues in Spain and their weekend ended much earlier than expected. Gearbox problems in race one, when Maxime Soulet, the Belgian driver sharing the car with Tutumlu, retired the car and even worse they have withdrawn for race two because it is impossible to fix the problems.

In qualifying, despite this track doesn´t favor Chevrolet features, Tutumlu qualified on row two as he set a quick lap time of 1:44.141 with the car fielded by Selleslagh Racing Team by Barzani and fastest Corvette on the grid. At the start Tutumlu was running in fourth place over his entire stint behind the leading cars, two Ferraris and Team Novadriver Audi. After pitting and handing over to Soulet, the Belgian driver was starting a good recovery but gearbox problems came out of the blue and he had to retire immediately.

"Things weren´t moving as planned. Jerez isn´t an ideal track for Chevrolet cars, but the BoP doesn´t really benefit us. Although I understand it is important to equal cars performances, I don´t think it´s correct that disadvantage with Ferrari cars, even GTS ones", Tutumlu commented. With respect to the race, he added "everything was going well, and I was not far behind Montermini in fourth place. I think another good result was possible if we forget that mechanical problem. Now our target is already Hungaroring. There we won´t have handicap, so we have no objective other than winning".

:Jake:

Nice ........ look forward to the next outing ...... They certainly looked as tho they were going to be a threat .... too bad about the gearbox ....

Niceness.....we oughta see if they would fly an ACE sticker....

There is plenty of room....

BqpvCVTCEAAe9VM.jpg

Try contacting them, and explain that their biggest fans in teh US would like to fly teh flag....

Eh....I emailed SRT way back when I started this thread. I asked if they were on social media anywhere and if they might have an news alert or fan newsletter I could subscribe to.

Never heard squat back, so unless they don't speak engrish I don't think they are too PR savvy.

I don't think they are too PR savvy.

unless ya got an extra mil $$ or so ..... that mite make em perk up ....

I don't think they are too PR savvy.

unless ya got an extra mil $$ or so ..... that mite make em perk up ....

Lol! Good point. For a million you could plaster ads over every inch of both my cars, my house and my dog.