C5 Headlight Replacement

Sporty Guy

Has anyone out there replaced there stock C5 headlights with projector len's headlamps, thinking about doing it but not familiar with them, installation etc.???

Your headlights will work correctly again if you have someone repair the slop in your linkage.

I am not sure I would throw in the towel on the hideaways just yet, unless your heart is set on a fixed headlight.

Ya what happened to Cody? Haven't heard from him in quite some time now. Gary, aka (y2krtaf) here has installed the ACA headlights on his "OLD" C5. They looked really good. I think there might be a little trimming but nothing to bad. I would shoot him a PM. He shouldn't mined I told ya too.

Your headlights will work correctly again if you have someone repair the slop in your linkage. I am not sure I would throw in the towel on the hideaways just yet, unless your heart is set on a fixed headlight.

Guess I didn't know he was having a problem. I don't get out much. If you're talking about the fixed lights then Gary won't have any info on those other then removing them. He installed new retractable lenses.

I installed the Depo's (fixed_ on my car, and the ACA's (flip up) on Cody's car. I can say that they both throw drastically more light down range than the factory units. The Depo seemed to me to work a bit better, but they have the frog eye look. The overall quality of the ACA's seemed to be lower than that of the Depo's (truthfully I think Cody had chinese knock offs...).

Both were pretty easy to install, and I used HID bulbs in both for a better result.

Not sure what else there is to say...

Just swapped my oems to ACA style with hids last month. Did it all myself, and I'm in a wheelchair. Since my forearms aren't gorilla size, I was able to remove the oem units without having to unbolt the hinges...easier to take out as a whole.

As for fixed projectors, I have no useful info.

they're not too bad, but that's a matter of perspective. there is a little trimming involved of some non structural casting on the old housing frame to make room for the new lens housing. ive never done an install on the depo...thankfully.