What is it worth?

KTpol

I have removed my original 283ci fuel infection motor and was wondering what it might be worth. I am installing a new motor and transmission. The motor was running when I removed it but it had dual carbs. I put the original fuel injection system back on it since I think it would be worth more but not sure. Anyone have an idea what I might be able to get for it?post-2567-0-98254800-1393858838_thumb.jp

I may be wrong here, but I think that you're better off selling teh F/I separate. Teh logistics of selling a complete motor deter a lot of buyers.

If it is, in fact, an original fuelie motor that came with your car, why not keep it? I think it keeps the whole car more valuable in the long run.

And I have no idea about value.

I'm with Ted, if it's original then you must keep it, clean and bag it, it will raise the value of your ride a lot.

Otherwise you'll need the seriel number off the block and heads to prove it's a real Corvette motor if you want to sell it...

Bromley's Corvettes

I would hang onto it. If you ever want to sell the car having the original engine is a big selling point and makes the car worth a lot more. Once the numbers matching engine is gone might as well make it a hot rod because the car will never bring top dollar.

I'm with Ted, if it's original then you must keep it, clean and bag it, it will raise the value of your ride a lot.

Otherwise you'll need the seriel number off the block and heads to prove it's a real Corvette motor if you want to sell it...

:werd

I have to echo what's be said prior ..... if your car is indeed a real 59 .... numbers and all .... its well worth the investment of rebuilding the original engine, including the FI system .... of course a lot depends on how much you've already got into the car ... and as stated .. what your going to do with it ...... Costs for a rebuild are not that bad and that includes the FI ..... most parts for them a available .... and there are a couple of guys out there who actually know what they're doing .... (( our shop being of the them )) (( I know //// shameless plug )) ... the value hit on putting another motor in the car is huge .... like 50% or so .... ((again ... if the car is all original))

I would however recommend you not rebuild until you ready to put it back in the car .... rebuilding and storing it for a later time is burning dollars, as if it sits too long it may have to be gone through again for gaskets & seals ..... same with the FI .........

We're finishing up a 63 fuelie right now and have a 57 waiting for FI parts to come in for the FI overhaul .....

PM if you have questions .... happy to talk to you about it ........

as to your value question .... the FI system is worth quite a bit on its own .... if in running condition ....

the engine ... if you find the right guy ... could be worth some but date codes would be important .....

A car is only original once. If you sell original engine out of a '59, you should use the proceeds to buy a Subaru and never be allowed to own a car such as a '59 Vette.