NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

One wet lap of Phoenix lunch cruise 3-1-14

HOXXOH

Anybody up for a cruise in the rain tomorrow?

We could meet at different Chevy dealers. Just go to the one closest to you before the prescribed time to leave.

The first group meet at Power Chevy on Bell at 11, cruise the 101 to Gateway Chevy and pick up the next group at 11:30, cruise the 10 to the 60 and to Chapman Chevy and pick up the next group at Noon, cruise the 101 to Van Chevy and pick up that group at 12:30, cruise the 101 to the 17 and to Midway Chevy and pick up that group at 1, then cruise to Bill Johnson's Big Apple on Bell/19th for lunch.

You MUST drive your Vette.

Post up here before 10;30 if you want to play in the rain and the dealer where you'll be.

Check back at 10:35 in case of cancellation.

Please see post #12.

I won't have my new headers on until late otherwise I would. A light rain or monsoon won't hurt a vette. Driven home in snow before and it didn't explode.

I know it won't melt, but what little Corvette time I do get, I'd rather be driving than cleaning it.

I ordered mine with the "wiper delete" option. Makes it faster, less weight.

I'm out too. I don't have time to clean it up next week in time for the gila bendover BBQ. But it does sound like fun though.

What a bunch of pansies. If I had a drivable Vette right now, I would be IN for this!

COULDA, WOULDA, SHOULDA!! I call BS on intentionally driving in the rain for no reason. SLAMMER ?

The One Wet Lap of Phoenix Lunch Cruise has been officially cancelled. Due to inclement weather conditions beyond my control, we have no wet to cruise on. Sadly, the predictions of heavy rain all day have already been proven false. Since the roads are dry and there is no immediate possibility of even a drizzle, it is with heavy heart that I must inform the throngs of those who looked longingly toward participation with wipers on, that the cruise will be no more.

Too bad Tom. I thought it was a great idea but we have a conflict or I'd have been in. Mine is a daily driver so it's seen its share of rain.

You know I would have been up for this, The only time I have to clean the car....Rain water is so soft it hardly feels like water at 75 mph....

Save it for next week then pansies.

Buccaneer, are you going to Bendover ? Not literally of course.

Guest racingchester

I left at 12:30 and drove to Casa Grande in the wet. Came back about 3: 00 in the rain. No shrinkage and everything still fits........What are they for if not to be driven. Yup, will be clean for next weekend......even if it rains up till friday......

Well I guess I don't understand you pansies. I actually went to a car show in Queen Creek today, got rained on most of the way there at 7am, got rained on off and on from the start of the show until around 11am, then enjoyed the sun and the dry until about 2pm. Now that's dedication!! First show I've ever gone to where I didn't have to clean the car at all.