Venom GT: World's Fastest

MOTV8

Love how the dubbed JFK's "We choose to go to the moon" speech" over that. Really cool, Corvette engine to boot

I'm disappointed. I know we have some adamant Hennessy bashers around here. I was hoping this would stir up some shi'ite. :hehehe:

OK Dean, but I'm not bashing.

The comment about still accelerating at 1 mph per second (10.1 seconds to go from 260 to 270) used up .75 miles of space. And the higher you go the more time and distance each successive mph takes. Since they ran out of space (3.2 miles) at the space center, you'd think they'd known that upfront and looked for a better venue. The 10 mile oval in our backyard might have been available for a price.

I wonder what better venues than a straight line-dead flat shuttle runway you could find for something like this though? At that kind of speed I'm sure they are NOT looking to negotiate corners

Oh, and I would've loved to see a shot of the tach as this was taking place. Was a bit disappointed about that

I wonder what better venues than a straight line-dead flat shuttle runway you could find for something like this though? At that kind of speed I'm sure they are NOT looking to negotiate corners

Oh, and I would've loved to see a shot of the tach as this was taking place. Was a bit disappointed about that

The Toyota track has a 2.2 mile straight with a 5000' radius at each end. Just for reference, Indy cars hit 240 on a 5/8 mile straight between 1320' radius corners.