Pfadt Out of Business

Unreal

You can only sling junk with fancy marketing and get enough moderators to delete and hide post on forums before it catches up to you. Hopefully now less people will be getting screwed by a company like this. Took longer than I expected.

Hopefully no one here has their parts and gets an issue but knowing the low quality of their stuff it is bound to happen. Good luck.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unreal

• Cross

• ChadC

• VetteSthetics

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this is the BS part I dont buy "Without a large investment we do not have the resources to meet the demand, which leaves us with no other option but closing our doors."

Closing a business with existing backorders simply means you spent too much on future stuff and have no working capital. Uncontrolled growth requires either deep pockets or heavy debt. When you can't get investors, the business plan is flawed.

Closing a business with existing backorders simply means you spent too much on future stuff and have no working capital. Uncontrolled growth requires either deep pockets or heavy debt. When you can't get investors, the business plan is flawed.

This, it's very hard to get through such an explosive growth. We experienced the difficulty of growing at such a rapid rate and it can be very difficult to get through w/o proper planning. Granted we didn't go through anything even 1/2 of what they did but still. Their products were great, customer service was outstanding, and I support the pfadt brand still. They without a doubt were one of the best B2B companies to deal with. They sent me multiple local customers to not only buy the parts from me but to have them installed by us too. They gave up the % discount they give me to ensure happy dealers. Plus they were one of the few companies that still maintain very strict map pricing policies, something that needs to happen more often. It is sad this happened and I will truly miss them.

They never came up with a reason my end links were bending (one broke) on my Pfadt frount sway bar racing style set up. Their finial reply was that I'm over stressing my sway bars by not using their coil overs. If it's that important to combine the two systems it should be noted some where on their site. I'll run it until it breaks and then turn to the 4 x 4 market and look into end links that may be made to handle heavier loads. Pfadt did replace my 4 front end links at a $40 charge. SLAMMER

Sounds like they were a cash flow company no profit only flow . Shit happens when the flow slows down ....

DING DING DING!

It's really too bad....another American company bites the big one...

Plenty of other American companies to fill the void.

The shock bodies came from C2P http://www.c2pshocks.com/ how do I know this because I spoke w/ them today on the phone before pfadt made the announcement. They called saying they couldn't get ahold of them and since I was listed as a dealer was calling to see if I had. I asked them who they were and they explained that they produce all the shock body's and coil over products. They are a belgium based company btw.

Well crap! First my coil over takes a crap and NO replacement parts! (Because old design ) and had to get another pfadt set from Joe which means if that set breaks then I'm screwed and having to buy another set because they just their doors down. Jeez can I catch a break PFADT?!?

Well crap! First my coil over takes a crap and NO replacement parts! (Because old design ) and had to get another pfadt set from Joe which means if that set breaks then I'm screwed and having to buy another set because they just their doors down. Jeez can I catch a break PFADT?!?

you have the gen ii now they don't have the same issue the gen I did. Plus the fact your coil-overs had absolutely zero preload on them didn't help things.

Wow, no replacement parts because they change designs? Now they're out of business? Shocker! I have a 10 year old set of King remote reservoir shocks on my 4x4 and every part is available to date. I had one rebuilt for a fractional of replacement cost. They're (King) still in business....

True. But later on down the road if something does happen, I won't be able to get any replacement parts.

You can switch to LG or another set. Everyone I know that did loves the difference and was amazed at the handling compared to the all show parts. I have a friend with a set of pfadt JOC shocks that are making noise and leaking after 6 months. He isn't happy either. He is swapping out to bilsteins.

VetteSthetics

We all have our options and in business, have product bias and experiences good and bad. I personal can say I have not dealt with a better company. Not all my experiences have been good from my business to theirs. However, I am new at this and still learning what is customary in dealings. I can attest these guys are genuinely good people and a good American business IMO. It’s also important to note that I don’t have one PFADT product on my car. Not because I don’t want them I am just more focus on aesthetics then performance for my vette and business. Additionally, If it was not for Aaron Pfadt, the owner, I might not have taken the step or have known how to navigate product development on Hammerhead. I am sad to hear this happen but will be interested to see if they can come back from this set back like they said.

As for the profits comment and where they might have gone Nick… this type of stuff is absolute non sense! Assuming every rumor, personal experience and innuendo is true… is it worth looking like an insensitive prick with an ax to grind. Keep it classy man!

There are plenty of other companies that provide high quality American made parts to fill the void with as good or better quality.

I am disappointed to hear this, after meeting Aaron at the first Corvettes on Bondurant I kept telling myself I would get the Stage 1 JO Sway bar and Strut kit and never did... I really wish I had now.

Aaron was very willing to talk and took the time to go over things with me regarding my current setup at the time. He also told me about the Stage 2 kit and shared some insight with me as I am very against coil overs I think they all seem to ride like crap. He actually got me to think about trying them myself. So all in all I really like the guy and I am sad to hear they are closing there doors.

I bought teh Johnny O bars just in time, I guess...there was no delay at all, matter of fact, I got them before everything else I ordered at teh same time (from different vendors). They feel really great to me, and I had planned on teh matching shocks, but I'll probably just do teh C6 Z06's now...

We always enjoyed working with this family owned and operated business. I echo Joe's comments about them being very service oriented. I for one am sad to see them go.

This is the first I've ever heard that their products were no good? Matter of fact I remember a header for sale thread and everyone raved. Where were these comments then?

VetteSthetics

Anyone wanting a broader view of this issue it can be found on the big board here: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-general/3426249-pfadt-race-engineering-has-closed.html

This looks like the place for questions about warranty or product info moving forward, this would be a good place to ask questions and seek answers! Cheers!

Mike