Why is there always a tick?

Cross

So this motor has been completely rebuilt, Larry's redid everything when we redid the cylinder after the valve incident and it has brand new lifters and heads yet there is a damn tick and it drives me nuts!!!

Why does every Vette I own seem to have a loud tick I can hear from inside the car? There has to be some way to prevent this.

I do trust me the stereo handles that and yes it could be me... but I don't hear it in the RX7 or the FRS... so I don't think its me :LolLol:

Its worse when its cold, but man this is just bugging the hell out of me. I hate that noise I just hate it.

With my stock hood I really never heard any ticking sound coming from the engine bay. However after I put on a louvered hood I had noticed the ticking sound. I have had the lifters and springs replaced. I guess it's just normal engine sounds. Just get a louder exhaust system. SLAMMER

did you measure pushrod length correctly? what lifters are you running? how much pre-load did you set?

This time I had Larry's do everything so it would be warrantied through them. I have the build sheet at home for all of it.

Oh and lifters were ones they recommended, again I will have to check the sheet.

Which lifters were they? I have very little faith in larry's after a customer came in with a set of lifters that needed replaced and the brand was some no name, and the ls2 we got from you that they did that had a lot of issues with it (not cross' fault at all btw). We only use LS7 or Brian tooley lifters unless the application is far more radical than go with the appropriate set.

Larry's didn't touch that LS2 that was the guy on LS1tech umm what the hell is his name I have to go look. Hotrod Network;

http://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=217658

But concerning the lifters it was a name I was not familiar with at all, I remember telling them to just tell me if we needed new LS7 lifters the dealer would give me a new set and they said no these were what we used last time but the brand name was not familiar to me.

Larry's didn't touch that LS2 that was the guy on LS1tech umm what the hell is his name I have to go look. Hotrod Network;

But concerning the lifters it was a name I was not familiar with at all, I remember telling them to just tell me if we needed new LS7 lifters the dealer would give me a new set and they said no these were what we used last time but the brand name was not familiar to me.

well we were told they did, doesn't matter go w/ an unproven item and you will be in for unknown results, go w/ a proven product for proven results. I'm not saying those lifters are your noise but the set we replaced were a no name brand that larry's spec'd and swore by and they went to crap within 3k miles. Replaced w/ LS7's and used the correct pushrod length (those were wrong to btw) and his valvetrain sounds like a normal ls sewing machine.

well we were told they did, doesn't matter go w/ an unproven item and you will be in for unknown results, go w/ a proven product for proven results. I'm not saying those lifters are your noise but the set we replaced were a no name brand that larry's spec'd and swore by and they went to crap within 3k miles. Replaced w/ LS7's and used the correct pushrod length (those were wrong to btw) and his valvetrain sounds like a normal ls sewing machine.

I will find out what they are but sounds like my initial though to go with LS7's was the better choice but after everything that happened because of those LS7 Rockers I didn't want another issue so I just did my best to remove my opinion from the situation.

I have another question for you too Joe I will call you.

I hate ticks....................

Posted Imagetick.jpg

Me too I have been trying to figure out how to kill those in my back yard too... sprayed two different products nothing works they just seem to go away for a short period then come back.