Kid at Christmas

quadracr

Next week is going to be an exciting week for me. I just ordered a bunch of new parts and I'm finally going to tear into the mistress.

Ordered:

New headlight lenses - RL Sebring

Halos - Vettestethics

Complete stereo upgrade - Double D mods

So the plan is to gut the interior, install sound deadening and heat barrier and then install a completely new system.

While the interior is out I am going to remove the b pillar panel and fix a crack, repair the roof panel, remove the headlights and the rear spoiler. All of this will be painted gloss black before being reinstalled.

Add the halos to the headlights and the fog lights

I can't wait to start personalizing this car, The end result is going to be so badass. It certainly won't be for everyone, but it will certainly stand out.

Stay tuned........

Take pictures with finger pointing for extra points.

I wish I still got big enough tax refunds to have mod sessions....now I just wait for Ed McMahon to send me a large novelty check or for the wife to win the lottery!

Oh yeah, I intend to take quite a few pictures. I'll be sure and post a few complete with finger pointing. Do I get extra points if my wife does the pointing?

. Do I get extra points if my wife does the pointing?

It depends on what she is wearing :lol I can't wait to see your new mods!

• 2 weeks later...

Parts have begun to arrive. More stereo parts should be here next week along with my new headlight lenses. My halos are also here.

post-428-0-14779900-1394247515_thumb.jpg

post-428-0-56133200-1394247530_thumb.jpg

Yer pointing skills are impressive. Can't wait to see this come together.

Yer pointing skills are impressive. Can't wait to see this come together.

Yes....the Force is strong in this one........a presence I haven't felt since...........

Rear sub boxes and amp rack has arrived. I will probably start pulling this thing apart this week when this death cold that I seem to have caught releases its grip.

post-428-0-56299700-1394393357_thumb.jpg

So the disassembly will start tonight if anyone is interested in watching. I won't be in a hurry as I have several different things that I want to do to her. I will be taking her apart probably all weekend and then start cleaning and reassembly on Sunday.

If yall are interested I am at 10032 N Javelina Ct Waddell 85355. Give me a ring and let me know you are coming over so I can have my helper put her clothes on. I convinced her that it would be better if she was sans clothes so she doesn't scratch the car with material :snky:

So this is what I have done so far. Still need to remove the head lights and start sanding on the removed body parts. I'm going to wash the entire inside of the car and start laying down the sound deadener.

post-428-0-05797200-1395188664_thumb.jpg

post-428-0-67639300-1395188680_thumb.jpg

post-428-0-85763400-1395188697_thumb.jpg

I'm interested to see if the sound deadener helps with road noise, specifically the rear tire noise....

I'm interested to see if the sound deadener helps with road noise, specifically the rear tire noise....

It made a real big difference when I did mine several years ago. Helped with interior heat too.

I do need to redo the trunk floor after years of using it like a truck.

So true ref the hauling comment .... I so miss our coupe .. that thing would haul anything .... ain't no room in the roadster and am paying this price for keeping it ....... mmmm no smiley options anymore ?????