NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Catch A Wave Car Show on 3/22/14

C4orce2

I know that many of us, including me, are planning on going to the Detroit Muscle show on this day, but Chuck McCracken with Desert Corvette Association (the host club at the Sweetheart Car Show) asked me to spread the word about this show as well. This will be the 10th Catch A Wave show that the Kiwanis Club has put on. When you look at the info concerning the show on most of the websites it looks like there is just one class for all corvettes. However, starting last year, Chuck has talked them into allowing him to have a separate show within a show just for corvettes. Last year many of us went and had a good time.

Again this year, Chuck is planning on having a stock and a custom class for each generation with the exception of the C3s. He had some many of those last year that he is splitting the C3s into two groups; 68 thru 73, and 74 thru 82. So it looks like he will have 8 stock classes and 8 custom classes.

Here is the link to the application for the overall show itself: http://kiwanisnuevo.org/. Once there, click on "Car Show". That will take you to a site where you can download the application for the overall show. Chuck told me the fee for the corvette show will be $30. He needs a head count so anyone who is planning on going should call him at 623-312-4058. Have fun!

IN:

C4orce2

mrhusker

suprone

Cu4L8R

GOALNGO

badbob

VetteSthetics

new vette 62

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grape Ape

• C4orce2

• Cu4L8R

• suprone

Not sure what I'm going to do this year. I was at the Kiwanis and Detroit show last year. Other then the long ass drive to the Detroit show it was pretty cool. I can only do a handful each year so I try to attend different ones if I can. What to do, what to do....... Posted Image

I had a blast at the Catch a Wave!

Loved that it was on grass!

I'd go with the most ACE participation!

Who else is going?

I'm already registered for the Catch a Wave car show......is it an additional $30 to be with the Corvettes?

I don't believe so. I think the total registration fee is just $30 but you should call Chuck to be sure.

Yes, one or the other as they are both on the same day. Leaning towards the Catch-A-Wave so might see ya there. I will decide later this week.

OK guys, I just talked to Chuck. To register for the corvette show within the show, simply fill out the registration form I directed you to in the first post, say that you are paying $30 total, and put down that you are in the "All Corvettes" class (CX). When they see that you are in the CX class they will know that the registration fee is $30. When you get there, either Chuck or I will direct you to the corvette parking area. Chuck has reserved 40 spots for the vettes and can get more if he needs them. My description of the classes set forth in the first post is correct with the exception that he will not have a C7 Custom class (don't believe there are any custom C7s yet). If you plan on going post up here so I can give him a head count the week of the show. Once again we are competing against the Buicks and we will kick their ass just like last year. Should have a great pack of ACEholes for the show!!

:bananaparty::ACE:

PS, I have obviously decided to go to this show instead of Detroit Muscle.

I know that many of us, including me, are planning on going to the Detroit Muscle show on this day, but Chuck McCracken with Desert Corvette Association (the host club at the Sweetheart Car Show) asked me to spread the word about this show as well. This will be the 10th Catch A Wave show that the Kiwanis Club has put on. When you look at the info concerning the show on most of the websites it looks like there is just one class for all corvettes. However, starting last year, Chuck has talked them into allowing him to have a separate show within a show just for corvettes. Last year many of us went and had a good time. Again this year, Chuck is planning on having a stock and a custom class for each generation with the exception of the C3s. He had some many of those last year that he is splitting the C3s into two groups; 68 thru 73, and 74 thru 82. So it looks like he will have 8 stock classes and 8 custom classes. Here is the link to the application for the overall show itself: http://kiwanisnuevo.org/. Once there, click on "Car Show". That will take you to a site where you can download the application for the overall show. Chuck told me the fee for the corvette show will be $30. He needs a head count so anyone who is planning on going should call him at 623-312-4058. Have fun!

Cu4L8R

Sent my registration in, now just need to get the night off......

Also going to be at the Shnepf Farms Car Show on the 29th if any of y'all want to join me at that one too.

http://www.schnepffarms.com/event/hill-gang-classic-car-show/

Do you know what the classes are for this show? I couldn't find them.

From what I could tell on the registration form there isn't any designation for corvettes. It has you fill in the year, make and model of your car. I am assuming they will put you in a class when they get the registration. I heard it was a pretty good show so that is why I'm trying it. I can report back on how it is if you would like to attend a different show that day. I think the farm made the food channel for a good place to eat.

From what I could tell on the registration form there isn't any designation for corvettes. It has you fill in the year, make and model of your car. I am assuming they will put you in a class when they get the registration. I heard it was a pretty good show so that is why I'm trying it. I can report back on how it is if you would like to attend a different show that day. I think the farm made the food channel for a good place to eat.

Mark, I went on Cruisin' AZ site and looked how this show was posted there. It said that it is a Top Ten show. You might want to call them and verify that. I never go to Top Ten or Top 20 type shows. Good Luck!!

I will keep that in mind next time I figure out a show to attend. Just really going for the food ya know...and its close to home. Sorry I high jacked your thread.

• 2 weeks later...
VetteSthetics

It's cutting it close but think I am going to be able to make it!

What the Hell!

I'm defending Stock C5 champion!

I have to be there to defend!

See you all there!