Need some help from folks in Yuma

chas4570

My bride of almost thirty seven years and we have been involved in Corvetting since before we were married. Just purchased a Millenium Yellow '04 coupe with 12,000 on the clock, full option, six speed. Back in the dark ages of 1996 we made the drive over to San Diego with CCA and had a great time. We are getting back into the scene and would like to plan a trip in Sept or Oct. On that trip, we pulled off the interstate, gassed up and ate lunch at a place right off the interstate. Need info on what is available. Things change over the years. My hair wasn't gray back then and drove an '85 back then. Looking on booking a group rate at the Pacific Shores Inn. Probably a Friday nighter come back Sunday, maybe Monday. Would like to meet new friends and have as many of you that can make it join us. This is in the prelim stages but something we would like to put together and have a laid back weekend drive. I will be talking to the manager of the lodge this Tuesday about what he can do for a group rate. We stayed there back then and it was nice, not a dive. Good parking for the cars with off the street protection. Thinking maybe Old Town, the Midway Tour or the Gas Light district. Or throw me some ideas. Just looking to have a relaxing weekend and enjoy the fellowship of like minded folks. Whatcha all think?

Chas.

Hey Chas, it is great to see a new member stepping up and wanting to plan an event!

FYI - there are two major Corvette events in which ACE participates, one in September, and one in October.

The first is the end of September, the Historic Prescott Corvette show, hosted by Prescott Vette Set. Last year we won the club award for most participants.

The second is usually the third weekend in October, our annual ACE Run to the River overnighter (we go to Laughlin).

You will get better response and more potential participants if you schedule around those two events.

Also, I am not aware of any active ACE members in Yuma. The few folks from Yuma that call themselves ACE and sometimes show up at our events never seem to post up on our forum, so any of them posting up to help you set up a stop in Yuma is probably not going to happen. Just sayin. . . :huh

try contacting yUma rich.he might be able to help you. Let me know what the dates are as it sounds like fun.

Exit 2 on I-8 has alot of restaurants. To the east of the freeway, there is a mall with all kinds of restaurants in the area if that helps you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, there is a group of ACE members in Yuma! Except for the annual picnic in Gila Bend, we don't get over to Phoenix very often, instead concentrating on events here in Yuma, or in our wonderful western suburb (San Diego). Anyway, we got a surprise visit today at our Saturday meeting from Chamleon, who told us about this forum and some of the events coming up in the Phoenix area. Just speaking for myself...it's nice to finally meet all you folks!

Snowdog

Beige '79

Yes, there is a group of ACE members in Yuma! Except for the annual picnic in Gila Bend, we don't get over to Phoenix very often, instead concentrating on events here in Yuma, or in our wonderful western suburb (San Diego). Anyway, we got a surprise visit today at our Saturday meeting from Chamleon, who told us about this forum and some of the events coming up in the Phoenix area. Just speaking for myself...it's nice to finally meet all you folks!

Snowdog

Beige '79

Welcome to the forum, nice to have you here! Post some pictures of your ride if you get a chance

Snowdog

Beige '79

I agree. It was a blast meeting Chameleon at Sat. coffee.

• 4 months later...

Hi Chas4570, Yes as snowdog said ACE does exist here in Yuma we just have some things to iron out :)

and we are trying to post things that are happening here in Yuma on the Arizona Corvette enthusiast

site so all can join in on the fun. I just put on Yuma Cars & Coffee corvettes welcome. and of course ACE guys hook up at the coffee

Bean parking lot. I just registered with this site as Yuma Rich set us up on shutterfly site a while back and

now since he is gone things have changed. long story....hopefully soon we will be back to the norm of things.

so hope to see you when you come thru Yuma. I will post things as they come up here in Yuma that I know of.

Yuma ACE would love to hook up with you just let us know in advance when you are coming thru we will figure something out :)