• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aenigma

• Desertdawg

• Ted Y

• ChadC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I read the first myth buster about a body flying backward after being shot and thought wtf? The link is for what? Hahaha .
Read on down and you will see where MB tested what we are all talking about...
I found it after. Seems like blank is hotter than white. I shouldn't feel any difference though since white will be chrome soon.

I can't find the actual footage to see if the interiors were the same color but here's another opinion on the subject http://phoenix.about.com/od/car/qt/carcolor.htm When they did it on the news they used identical blk an wht cars with blk interiors and it didn't make a difference. Then they switched the wht car to one with a wht interior and that was a noticeable difference.

The Mercedes dealer across from the Scottsdale mall has a chrome car rotating around on display if you want to check it out.

Is it done yet! I'm excited to see it. I like the blue chrome wrap they have as well.

No. I'm 2 weeks out. He will just be done in time for the BBQ he says. I can't wait.

of course your new nickname will be the "chrome polisHer". that would make you really popular with the guys here.

of course your new nickname will be the "chrome polisHer". that would make you really popular with the guys here.

Wow. Just wow. Lol

whooo whee! that grul could suck the paint off a metal curvette

Posted Image

im sure the car will look 'cute' when done!!

Posted Image

J/K... im stoked to see the end results.

So I changed it up with the designer today. The sides, back and nose will be chrome. The hood, trunk and everything above the side doors will be black brushed metal.

I was wondering what it would be like to drive around with a chrome hood shining in your face.

But then again, my yeller is pretty shiny.

So I changed it up with the designer today. The sides, back and nose will be chrome. The hood, trunk and everything above the side doors will be black brushed metal.

sooo a fiberglass car impersonating a delorain?

this is where our opinions part ways. not my cup of tea.

im still stoked to see the end result.

sooo a fiberglass car impersonating a delorain? this is where our opinions part ways. not my cup of tea. im still stoked to see the end result.
I just died laughing! But if you must know, delorians are on the list of my 5 favorite cars of all times. I looked them up a couple months ago to see if I could find one to purchase. I didn't realize until your comment maybe there's a connection? Lol

sooo a fiberglass car impersonating a delorain? this is where our opinions part ways. not my cup of tea. im still stoked to see the end result.
I just died laughing! But if you must know, delorians are on the list of my 5 favorite cars of all times. I looked them up a couple months ago to see if I could find one to purchase. I didn't realize until your comment maybe there's a connection? Lol

Friend of mine from back home had the same DeLorean obsession. There is an outfit in Texas which purchased all the inventory and can still build you a new one or refurbish an old one. This is where she purchased hers

Please consider carrying the black past the hood and trunk lines onto the nose and tail...

Not a great picture but don't just do the hood and trunk at the body lines, they will look like junk yard replacement parts...

Posted Image

I can't carry to the nose because the wrap is black and since my car is white, if the nose gets dinged by rocks, it'll look like white speckles everywhere. I know what you're saying about junk yard parts. I'm carrying it a little past the hood and trunk. Working on thinking how to do it and make it flow well.

Just do the chrome. Tint the whole windshield with 50%. It's really not bad to drive with at night.

I just don't think it's going to look right mixing things up like that. If anything, do a carbon fiber hood and wrap the rest of the car chrome. At least then it won't look like junkyard parts on your car.

Here's mine with a tinted windshield:

Posted Image

Just do the chrome. Tint the whole windshield with 50%. It's really not bad to drive with at night.

I just don't think it's going to look right mixing things up like that. If anything, do a carbon fiber hood and wrap the rest of the car chrome. At least then it won't look like junkyard parts on your car.

Posted Image

My windows are tinted as dark as legally allowable. I was going to do the carbon fiber but opted for brushed metal. I'm going to look at it all again this week. I have a few more days to decide before I can't change anymore.

Nice car btw!

Posted Image

My windows are tinted as dark as legally allowable. I was going to do the carbon fiber but opted for brushed metal. I'm going to look at it all again this week. I have a few more days to decide before I can't change anymore.

Nice car btw!

You know, it's your car and you should do exactly what you want to! Speaking from personal experience, you will never make everyone happy (at least one ACEhole would probably prefer all vettes to be ORANGE). Make it yours and enjoy it!! Can't wait to see it.

(at least one ACEhole would probably prefer all vettes to be ORANGE).

I never said that, in fact the less orange the more unique mine is. :Orange:

(at least one ACEhole would probably prefer all vettes to be ORANGE).

I never said that, in fact the less orange the more unique mine is. :Orange:

Oh, I'm sorry Dawg, did you think I was referring to you? By the way, I do agree that your car is unique! We should all mod our cars exactly the way we each want to!

I dropped it off this morning at 8am. I'm hoping 1. It'll be done by Thursday as promised and I can take it on to Gila Bend, and 2. It doesn't look entirely ridiculous. I can't believe I'm doing this. It's freaking me out at this point.