Mechanic North West Phoenix

Captainkvan

Anyone out there know of a good C3 mechanic in North West Phoenix. I would go to Bromleys but Chandler is a bit to far for me..

Thanks the Captain

• 1 month later...
Bromley's Corvettes

It turned out to be a bad tq converter. Owner tried 2 two carbs and lots of tuning and looking for vacuum leaks even checking if valve lash was to tight. The car would start and run well but die when you put it in gear. The converter was so tight it would just bog the engine down and stall. Sometimes you just have to be open to whats really going on and go with gut:)

Wow .... would have never guessed that one ...... thx for sharing Doug !!! did you have to go through the whole evaluation process to get there ???? That would have been the furtherest thing from my mind ....... ((tho most everything is))

Bromley's Corvettes

Took me about 10 mins to find it lol. As soon as I put the car in gear I was like wow the converter has no stall at all. I did have to check timing and carb adjustments and look for vacuum leaks encase they missed something and to make the owner happy. If I just came right out with your conv is bad he would have thought I was crazy lol. I found out the tranny is a TH475 from a truck so it had a R.V/tow truck style conv super low stall to begin with and then it was bad so no wonder it would die when you put it gear:) Also had the wrong drive shaft it was too long so no give at all the tranny is a bolt on yoke out put shaft and had a slip yoke only way to get drive shaft off was to lower tranny down a lot.

ya gotta love what some guys do the hot rods !!! Good job man !!!

That's bananas! Nice mod, an RV tranny! :lol

Maybe Dawg should try this.........

Bromley's Corvettes

Hey you never no when you might need to pull a super heavy trailer with your corvette lol.

Hey you never no when you might need to pull a super heavy trailer with your corvette lol.

Paging HOXXOH.....

Nothin personal there Capt ..... they're just funnin ..... that what they do up in here .... great bunch a guys fer sure !!!