The "Fix what I broke" build. With extras.

Jon

Snapped a stock LS3 timing chain. Oops. On the list-

Scored some stage 3 Livernois LSA heads with hollow stem intake valves and inconel exhaust valves for $1200. Manley Nextek valve springs too!

BTR Trunnion upgrade from Joe

C5R chain $149 from BTR via Joe 3/8" pushrods

Morel 5290 link bar lifters $329 from BTR via Joe T to Ti blower upgrade $680 from Vortech Custom Ed Curtis cam $449 2nd 10gph meth nozzle $80 from Alky Control Dewitt's cut down radiator from Joe @ CPR that he gave me a good price on. 4" blower inlet and filter $ (unknown as it hasn't been fabbed yet)

Decided to stick with the aluminum block and do a 377. I also decided on the RaceTec 2618 pistons that use a 1.5/1.5/3.0 ring package over the Wiseco's that use a 1.2/1.2/3.0 ring package. By the time I added the tool steel pins to the Wiseco's they were only $100 cheaper. The RaceTec's also will only take 3-5 business days to get made once I place the order.

Finalized build:

Race Tec 4.07 -4cc Pistons w/ tool steel pins

Total Seal AP rings(steel top, napier 2nd) Molnar 6.200" HD Rods ACL Rod Bearings ACL Main Bearings Durabond Cam Bearings Bore Deck Balance Assemble

I think 920 would put me close to record stock bottom end LS3 numbers. I didn't want it to break, but breaking at tax refund and work bonus time sure helps, lol.

Keeping my LS3 heads. Sending them to LandSpeed for a fully CNC ported exhaust port and hand finishing on the intakes. Makes the intake 262cc and flows 335cfm on the intake and 233cfm on the exhaust at .650 lift. Compared to 310/194 stock. Only $599 and includes all machining, a valve job, and setup.

Keeping my LS3 heads. Sending them to LandSpeed for a fully CNC ported exhaust port and hand finishing on the intakes. Makes the intake 262cc and flows 335cfm on the intake and 233cfm on the exhaust at .650 lift. Compared to 310/194 stock. Only $599 and includes all machining, a valve job, and setup.

That sounds like a smoking deal.

So now i'll guess 918 hp.

In all honesty I'm not sold on the bret speed heads, granted you are boosted so it's not as important. But i have seen quite a few local guys run his heads on na setups and they really are disappointing in how they perform and the numbers they make. Flow isn't everything and many people forget that, port velocity is a major factor too. But your shoving air in artificially so dgaf lol.

I figure it's going to need at least a valve job and new valves. That $599 includes all that and I get a CNC ported exhaust also with a little intake work by hand. I figure I may as well try it. It would be neat to do a dyno run with stock heads and put his on right away for another pull. Unless Brett wanted to pay to do that, it won't be done on my car.

All these dyno numbers are a bit crazy. Car should do ~800rwhp. Maybe 850 if he really pushes it.

I would take the head money and put it towards some pistons.....

All these dyno numbers are a bit crazy. Car should do ~800rwhp. Maybe 850 if he really pushes it.

I would take the head money and put it towards some pistons.....

QFT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Scored some stage 3 Livernois LSA heads with hollow stem intake valves and inconel exhaust valves for $1200. Manley Nextek valve springs too! A dude on Corvette Forum PM'd me and asked me if I wanted them. I said "hell yes I do!". They only have 3k miles on them. He swapped to MAST LS7 heads.

Decided to stick with the aluminum block and do a 377. I also decided on the RaceTec 2618 pistons that use a 1.5/1.5/3.0 ring package over the Wiseco's that use a 1.2/1.2/3.0 ring package. By the time I added the tool steel pins to the Wiseco's they were only $100 cheaper. The RaceTec's also will only take 3-5 business days to get made once I place the order.

Engine being done by Brooks Racing next to CPR

Race Tec 4.07 -4cc Pistons w/ tool steel pins

Total Seal AP rings(steel top, napier 2nd) Molnar 6.200" HD Rods ACL Rod Bearings ACL Main Bearings Durabond Cam Bearings Bore Deck Balance Assemble

932.1 what's a tax refund?

. . . return of the principal on an interest-free loan given to the government in the prior fiscal year. . .

• 1 month later...

Blower just showed back up from Vortech today. They replaced all the bearings and seals along with doing the upgrade to a Ti trim compressor wheel. The Ti wheel is a bit more efficient and flows 1400cfm. I'm going to put the 3.125" pulley on it to start with and the ATI 7.5" crank pulley. Which will put me at 60,480rpm impeller speed at 7000rpm engine speed. Basically 10% overdriven since the blower is rated at 55,000rpm.

• 1 month later...

New one piece 4" intake tube from A&A came in along with a 50mm Turbosmart blow off valve. Engine is back in the car. Compression ended up at 10.2:1. Should be running Tuesday. :)