When is the C5 Joining classic glass section?

GOLDCYLON

Bromley's Corvettes

I dont no anyone that will call a C-4 a classic. A lot of other things but never a classic lol.

I dont no anyone that will call a C-4 a classic. A lot of other things but never a classic lol.

Alright, that's it, you're off my Christmas list!!! :laughing gut bustin:

Bromley's Corvettes

Alright, that's it, you're off my Christmas list!!! Posted Image

Larry your vette is super clean and nice but I still would not call it a classic. C-4s just dont seem like a classic to me. Just because something is old does not make it classic lol.

I think price is the key factor in calling a car a classic, because it it the best indicator of desirability.

Any C1, C2 is a classic, because they're very desirable and therefore expensive.

SOME C3s (68-71 or so, especially the Big Blocks). But not all C3s. For example, a 1980? Not a classic because nobody is really seeking them out (no offense intended).

C4s? Same as C3s, they're just not that desirable so I think it's hard to call them classics. That said, I think the C4 ZR1 will definitely become a classic.

C5s? I wish (because I have one), but it's going to be a while before they become desirable and the prices start to go up again. Even then, the 50th Anniversary cars and the Z06s have a better chance.

C6s? I think the ZR1 was a classic as soon as it came out, as evidenced by the fact that used ones go for almost as much as their new price sticker.

Anyway, just my thoughts. Feel free to disagree, but it's an interesting conversation nonetheless.

Happy Friday!

new vette 62

How about appreciate rather than depreciate? This makes it a classic. Or you can sell it for more than the original sticker price. :twitch:

Once they begin a new body style (or designation) they are on their way to being a classic, some models never make it as a true classic as they are not desireable or they produced to many during the run ( example c5 with 16,000 made in one year) would never be considered a classic until over 50 years and then depending on the availability..

That would mean that every person over 25 would be a classic if we went by the states plate guide lines....LOL