Dipped, Halo's, and Painted

Desertdawg

I did the Z size rims. But couldn't find any take off big brakes that I could afford. I'll leave that mid on the todo list.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• ChadC

• P51tj

• Shifty

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did the Z size rims. But couldn't find any take off big brakes that I could afford. I'll leave that mid on the todo list.

Teh calipers weren't too shabby, it was teh cores that kilt me. (I've got $1200 tied up in core charges).

If it wasn't so expensive with teh cores, I'd do teh swap on my Z/28 too....

Teh motor covers are being reworked!

^^^ what's up with this? I saw (super secret, do not release) pictures, and thought they looked good. . .

Teh motor covers are being reworked!

^^^ what's up with this? I saw (super secret, do not release) pictures, and thought they looked good. . .

The paint shop had a snaffu and decided that a color more resembling of Sunset Orange Metallic was what I needed instead of the Atomic Orange that coincidentally is the actual color of Dawg's car. Soooo, without me knowing that, and not having an actual part off of Dwayne's car to color match, the parts were completed in the wrong color. They were about 5-8 shades darker that the color of his car. The parts came out looking awesome, but the color was off.

Dwayne was very graciously willing to accept them that way, as he liked them, but I didn't want him to accept something that wasn't the color he expected. To make things right, I'm re-doing a new set of engine parts in the correct color which WILL be matched to the fuel door off of his car.

This was a big lesson learned for me. From here on out, if I need to match parts to the factory, or custom color of anyone's car, I don't want to rely on the paint shop to make up a matching color and expect it to be right. I'll need a piece off your car to make sure the color is correct. The fuel door seems to be a pretty easy part to remove.

He'll have the new parts back in the next week and be able to share the end result with you all.

Thanks everyone for your patience!

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, finally some dipped parts...... Not wanting to go carbon fiber or flames or skulls, I opted for a little different look....... post-3-0-22443800-1390718731_thumb.jpg post-3-0-32171100-1390718749_thumb.jpg post-3-0-49105900-1390718761_thumb.jpg What you see is a marble print over Atomic Orange. Adam at Arizona Hydrographix did a fantastic job, he went above and beyond to satisfy himself before he would let me keep them, full write up on these parts and the Halos coming soon.... And just for fun, I made him dip the fuse box lid in something a little different..... post-3-0-29282300-1390718775_thumb.jpg .

hot, flowing, lava....... :thumbs

I kept thinking it looked like flame/smoke/embers......... I think your description is way better, flowing lava!

Between those parts and the billet oil cap, you easily gained 5 or 6 more H.P. Look good!!!!

Between those parts and the billet oil cap, you easily gained 5 or 6 more H.P. Look good!!!!

Hey....no making fun of the billet oil fill cap!! I have the same one on my car! :neener_neener: