C4 door panel issues

C4orce2

Both door panels on C4orce2 are starting to come loose. No big deal, but it drives me crazy and I'm afraid they will only get worse. Anyone have any good suggestions on where I can go to have them fixed?

What "parts" are coming loose? Last time I repaired mine in a couple of afternoons, but usually the top trim works loose and starts bouncing from door closure. If it hasn't gone too far, it may just require some luv and and tightening of screws, replaced inserts, etc. I'm sure the guys atClassic would help if you don't like getting your hands dirty! Parts get expensive if you have to buy some trim...

Couldn't you just drill all the way thru and use some all-thread with nuts and big washers to keep them tight?

or

Posted Image

Couldn't you just drill all the way thru and use some all-thread with nuts and big washers to keep them tight?

or

Posted Image

That's what I'd do if I had a C6, but I'd never do that to a member of the "throw away" generation!!

Is it coming apart at the top? I have heard that it's pretty difficult to repair those things. A guy at work used a piece of aluminum but don't know any specifics on the repair he did.

Is it coming apart at the top? I have heard that it's pretty difficult to repair those things. A guy at work used a piece of aluminum but don't know any specifics on the repair he did.

I actually have a fresh new pair of upper trim pieces - but I think Larry's interior is different from my early-ish C4. The OEM parts had plastic studs that broke off over time, the reman's have a metal stud, which I have used the same technique to repair the passenger side of mine. I posted up a thread ages ago with some work I did to the door panels, and have some pic's but not on this PC.

Just got back from a shop that has worked on quite a few C4s. They told me exactly what others have said; I will need to replace the RH door panel. Over time they have a tendency to wrap, especially if they have leather applied to it which mine does. No real problem with the LH one, it can be saved. When I'm ready I will get a new RH door panel and have the shop install it. They can save the carbon fiber on the panel and will match the leather. All in all the project will not cost as much as I thought. I'll wait till after the first of the year to do it. No one at the shows ever comments on the issue; it just bugs me just like the faded clear coat on my rear bumper did.

. No one at the shows ever comments on the issue; it just bugs me just like the faded clear coat on my rear bumper did.

Your just a picky dude .......

glad you're getting it resolved ......

The passenger sides are the worst. They tend to warp and crack on the upper inner spines. A lot of folks have reinforced the back sides of em with expoy and aluminum support struts. I dont know why its always the damn passenger door. Ive gone through three passenger side panels already.

At least the 90-93 door panels have reuseable parts... The 94-96 panels while they have a handy pocket in the door are one piece and when they break its a throw away situation