Sunday Cruise-In in Fountain Hills

C4orce2

My wife and I are heading out to Fountain Hills for this cruise in. It happens every Sunday during the cooler months. Usually around 50 cars or so. Hosted by a café that has lots of TVs and great food. Thought some of you east siders might be interested. We usually get there before 1 since most cars show up by 12:30. There are usually several older vettes there. Hope to see some of you there.

http://www.desertcruisers.com/index.php?page=cruiseininfo&id=307

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grape Ape

• C4orce2

• Ray

• y2krtaf

Sorry guys, that was a bust this weekend. My wife and I drove out there and found out there was an Arts/Crafts Show going on by the fountain. Whenever there is any type of big event like that going on, the cruise-in does hot happen since the whole downtown area is either closed off or used for parking. Not being into arts/crafts, I had no idea. I'm sure some of our other members are into arts/crafts (like badbob and Dawg) and probably already knew about the show and may already be there. In any event, keep this cruise-in in mind any time you are looking for something to do on Sunday afternoons. We will try it again soon.

I've wanted to check this out sometime. But won't have a Sunday off til the middle of December. If it's a go the weekend of the 15th I might see ya there. I had a chance to take Saturday through Monday off for next year but opted for Wednesday through Fridays off again because all the holidays fall on those days off next year. So I won't have weekends off for another year. Or unless I get really tired of waisting my vacation days for what I want to do.

Sorry guys, that was a bust this weekend. My wife and I drove out there and found out there was an Arts/Crafts Show going on by the fountain. Whenever there is any type of big event like that going on, the cruise-in does hot happen since the whole downtown area is either closed off or used for parking. Not being into arts/crafts, I had no idea. I'm sure some of our other members are into arts/crafts (like badbob and Dawg) and probably already knew about the show and may already be there. In any event, keep this cruise-in in mind any time you are looking for something to do on Sunday afternoons. We will try it again soon.

I was there, did some flying camera action yesterday with my newly built rig

I've wanted to check this out sometime. But won't have a Sunday off til the middle of December. If it's a go the weekend of the 15th I might see ya there. I had a chance to take Saturday through Monday off for next year but opted for Wednesday through Fridays off again because all the holidays fall on those days off next year. So I won't have weekends off for another year. Or unless I get really tired of waisting my vacation days for what I want to do.

I marked my calendar to be sure I go on 12/15. Hope to see you there.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone going up on Sunday? It's the 15th ya know. I might be able to get away for a couple hours if anyone is going. I will have to see how the little woman is doing first though.

Anyone going up on Sunday? It's the 15th ya know. I might be able to get away for a couple hours if anyone is going. I will have to see how the little woman is doing first though.

Sorry Mark, I was planning on it but my wife has us going to Flag for the day. :facepalm:

Sounds like fun. I might just run up there and see what's up. If I go I will let you all know if its worth it or not.

Hey I just thought of something. I have the following weekend off too. Do you think they will have it the weekend after Christmas?

It says quote - "CRUZ'N @ PHIL'S meets every Sunday (except when a major holidays falls on Sunday)". So I would imagine they will have it. I can go then too.

I'm gonna head up there around 12:30 or so and try to be there about 1pm today. If anyone else if heading up there, hope to see ya, I'm only going to be there for about an hour then I will have to leave. If I don't see anyone else I will report back pm what it's like and let ya knowz.

:black vette:

Went up today and checked it out. Not a bad gathering. It was kind of small and well worth going to. Really nice people. Saw some people that go to the Albertsons of Fridays so I did know people there. And they even let me sit with them and talk...How cool is that????

Couple pics I took...Might go back again next week since I have it off.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Headed back up there tomorrow if any of y'all want to meet there. Be there about 11 in the am.

Headed back up there tomorrow if any of y'all want to meet there. Be there about 11 in the am.

Would luv to,but have a family holiday thing.

Enjoy!

Mark, I'm going. You said meet up at 11; do others get there that early or do you just want to get good spots and then have lunch? In any event I'll be there at 11am.

Met a couple guys at the KMart last night and they said they get there at 11 so they can go to Phil's and eat breakfast/lunch. From what he told me it starts at 11 but I am leaning towards it not really starting that early. I got there at 1 last week and it was pretty baron of cars. I think it says 1 - 4 on the web site so that is what I am going with. But I will be there at 11 this morning and see how it is. See ya there.

See what you guys and gals are missing out on........Might be able to make next week too if anyone is interested in going.

HEY!!! Did I hear the Monkees? Nice video. I might try to make it up there next Sunday. I need to get some miles on my paperweight.

I believe I'll be going again this Sunday as well but will leave early enough to watch the game!

HEY!!! Did I hear the Monkees?

Monkees......Yes, yes you heard right. I am all over the place when it comes to music. Hope to see ya Sunday.

So whats the secret you keeping that cup in your cup holder? Spill the beans Mark..... My sodas always go flying when I do a left turn.

Edit- im talking about your video.