Hell YEAH ! C7 comp seats fit in a C6 !

FNBADAZ06

F'n A........I was waiting for this comfirmation :thumbs

C7 Competion seats and tracks fit the C6 chassis !!!!

Confirmed by John Caravaggio, who is doing a set for a customer's car :)

Posted Image

SWEET..

and now I can upgrade to heated and COOLED seats.

and for thoes that dont know what the C7 seats look like.

Posted Image

frankly, caravaggio is in trouble with the competition seat.

I know people are getting tired of buying $6000 (?) seats, waiting 8 months and never having an email, or phone call returned.

great product, horrible customer service.

If c7 seats fit in a c6, and c6 seats fit in a c5, therefore: c7 seats fit in a c4, since c5 seats fit in a c4!

If c7 seats fit in a c6, and c6 seats fit in a c5, therefore: c7 seats fit in a c4, since c5 seats fit in a c4!

And now the next question is: Do C4 seats fit in a C3?

And now the next question is: Do C4 seats fit in a C3?

No, the next question is, how much do the C7 competition seats cost?

Answer to both... If you have to ask, you can't afford it?

I know c5 seats fit in a C3

Sean,

im sure the electrical connections are different BUT it would not suprise me to see adapters made.

as to cost...

I just did a quick build. as with GM everything is in parts. you cannot buy a complete seat.

for the base model C6 seat. (frame rails padding etc)

is $1050 +/- each.

add $1200 for covers

$400 assembely

estimated total of $3700 for 2.

something tells me the C7 will be north of $4000

Comp seats aren't even released from GM yet, so it maybe a little early to say that. The GT seats are the only ones available right now. Now they should have have the same fitment so I bet the comp seats fit but that is a GT seat pictured.

I would bet a set of seats is $5k or so. Also I doubt the venting would work since that is plumbed in from the cars a/c so unless you fab up a vent system to run a/c that part won't work.

As c7s get wrecked this could be a great upgrade for some. Too bad the seats were my biggest complaint about the c7. They were so uncomfortable I actually like my factory c6 seats better besides the material.

And those seats are much much much nicer IMO but you also have to send in your factory seats so if you didn't have cores.

Now if the c7 seats come in around $3k that is a different story.

APSIS makes one's like that, too, but they are $6000-7000. Not realistic for a sub $20k C5... Even at $3000, it makes more sense to keep my original seats and get aftermarket ones like Corbeau.

Problem with something like a corbeau in a c6 is you lose side airbags, automatic seats, etc. All of these options should retain that and have heated seats/etc.

I'm fine with my stock seats for now. I wish it was a nicer leather but they are comfy for me and that is what counts.

The question I've been asking myself while reading this thread as it progressed is why would someone pay $4k to upgrade the seats in their C5 or C6. I know the original GM seat aren't racing style but they are built for the mass market. How much of your seat time is under conditions that you could even put upgraded seats to use? I say do a cost benefit analysis and put your money to better use. Just my $.02.

100% agreed if people are upgrading to a race seat. Now if they are upgrading for comfort I can see that being worth it since comfort helps every time you sit in the car.

I was thinking about having my seats recovered in cloth actually. I get that there Schweaty Ass and Schweaty Back on long drives. I just need to find a competent shop. Was maybe thinking Alcantara centers with leather bolsters.

I was thinking about having my seats recovered in cloth actually. I get that there Schweaty Ass and Schweaty Back on long drives. I just need to find a competent shop. Was maybe thinking Alcantara centers with leather bolsters.

The type of clothes you wear makes a big difference on those longer trips. I've had several types of seat material on cars and found that it's important to retain the ability to easily readjust your position (move your ass around) more often. However, cloth or alcantara would still work if you drive naked and have dark windows.

• 7 years later...