hd-wingnut

Arizona Hydrographix is proud to be a New ACE Vendor!

Have you ever wanted to add a custom touch to your Corvettte's engine compartment, interior, or exterior?

Now you have a resource with an inside connection!

I will be offering an ACE only discount on hydrographic (water transfer printing) services.

Items that can be printed include, but are not limited to: Fuel Rail Covers, Radiator Core Support, Windshield Washer and Coolant Overflow Tanks, Air Intake Bridge, Fluid Reservoir Caps, Stereo Bezel, Console Body, Instrument Bezel, Door Handle Surrounds, Front Splitter, Rear Diffuser, Roof Panel, License Plate Frames, Wheels, and the list goes on.

Whatcha' got that you want to look fancy?

The process of Hydrographic Image Transfer, or Water Transfer Printing, can be performed on nearly any 3 dimensional object that can be immersed under water for a short period of time. Just about any non-porous material can be dipped... Metal, Wood, Stone, Glass, Chrome, most Plastics, etc.

:ahhhh: THIS IS NOT A WRAP!!! --- it ain't no decal --- and it's freaking cool! :cool

This unique process is performed by first prepping and priming the base material, or part. Next a basecoat is applied, in a color of your choice which accentuates the film image. The part is then "dipped" in the water, directly through the image which is floating on the surface of the water. This is performed in a special, purpose built 8' stainless steel tank (not in my bathtub :lol!) After the part is dipped, it is rinsed thoroughly to remove any residual film and ink material. Once the part has dried, it is finished with a protective layer of Automotive Grade Acrylic Urethane Clear, in your choice of High Gloss, Satin, or Flat sheen. Depending on the item, it will usually receive 3-4 coats of clear. Candy concentrates and/or other modifiers, like pearls, can be used to add additional BLING to your custom creation.

If you have any questions or design inquiries, please don't hesitate to give me a call. Together we can create an exceptional design that will have your friends drooling! :ED:

Thank you for letting Arizona Hydrographix be a part of your forum. I look forward to helping you all with some special customization of your Corvette.

(I can also do atv, utv, motorcycle parts, sporting/hunting equipment, firearms, home furnishings, etc.!)

:burnout

Adam

post-1452-0-80206800-1381213537_thumb.jp

Are you the one who did the work on Cody's Vette? If so I would like the same thing done to my Radio Center Console Piece in Bronze and Black Carbon Fiber.

Are you the one who did the work on Cody's Vette? If so I would like the same thing done to my Radio Center Console Piece in Bronze and Black Carbon Fiber.

No...I'm sorry I'm not. But, if you have a very specific look that you're interested in, if it's possible for you to get me a fairly decent picture of the for mentioned item, I would do everything I can to match it for you.

Congrats on the status. Do you have a "general" price listing or is everything pretty much a custom price depending on what one would want?

Just when I thought there was nothing else to buy, you go and do this!

I'll be looking over the car to see where this could put her over the top.

Congrats on the status. Do you have a "general" price listing or is everything pretty much a custom price depending on what one would want?

Thanks Mark! This is something I've been wanting to bring to ACE members for a while now. It's almost impossible to develop an actual price list based simply on the fact that there are so many different custom ways to complete this process. The general rule of thumb is a job is quoted based on how many square inches of pattern are needed to cover an item. What film (or image pattern) that's selected makes quite a difference in material cost also. Some patterns are twice the cost of others. I'd be happy to try to put together a general price list for the most common items that would be done on a Vette but, there's always going to be variables: was the part "clean" or will it need special prep, which film, custom base coat, custom top coat. I hope that kind of explains the dilemma.

Just when I thought there was nothing else to buy, you go and do this! I'll be looking over the car to see where this could put her over the top.

That's pretty funny Drew! My objective is NOT to keep you awake at night! :) The way you put it is a good analogy. With a car like yours, there might just be a couple pieces here or there that will put it over the top. For others with a blank canvas, you can create a whole new car by doing something like a complete engine bay makeover! If you come up with something that just "needs" to look special, give me a buzz and we'll see what we can do to take it to the next level!

Welcome! :bounce015:

Thanks Marc!

:pensativo: I'm thinking trying to figure out what to do.

Oh come on now Cherye.......your Vette is pretty much "done", but you've got a whole blank canvas to work with on your truck, covering up all that sexy wood grain! :) (Enlarge the thumbnail picture at the bottom of the original post. Is that carbon look close to what you were telling me you'd like to do?)

Hi Adam, is it possible to do a C5 acrylic top in a glossy carbon fiber look? If so, could you ball-park a price?

You want to destroy an increasingly difficult to find in good condition acrylic top? Ugh! Yes, that can be done without too much issue if you want to do that. I'll PM you.

Is there a film that looks like brown hair? I want to make my new rims look realastic.......

Posted Image

Is there a film that looks like brown hair? I want to make my new rims look realastic.......

First...I must say... :sucks:

With that being said...

Will this work for ya?

We can add a cute little pink bow on the head too for a nominal up charge! :neener_neener:

post-1452-0-61058800-1381274589_thumb.jp

You must have a very large tank to dip Drew's car in to make it look different. :LolLol:

You must have a very large tank to dip Drew's car in to make it look different. :LolLol:

Well Tom...what I was thinking was we could get about 30 of us together...dunk one side, then flip it over and dunk the other side! :wave3::wave3:

It's a pretty good sized tank but, I think it'll take 2 dips! :thumbs

post-1452-0-31715400-1381295330_thumb.jp

Now...getting it in the rinse tank is gonna be a serious challenge! :ack:

post-1452-0-00506400-1381295382_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How much to do the rear piece the reverse lights are in on a C6? Satin black carbon fiber.

I sent you a PM Jon. Thanks

PM sent to ya Adam.

Replied to your message Mark. Give me a call, thanks.

I would like to do my radio bezel, center console and the surround for my gauge cluster.

Cody did a Carbon Fiber look that I liked but I am open to other idea's. I am looking at putting in a set of Blue Recarro EVO seats I got to replace my Current Black ones as they are going in the FR-S. So matching that color in the pattern would be really neat I think.

What do you think on something like that and whats the turn around time?

I would like to do my radio bezel, center console and the surround for my gauge cluster.

Cody did a Carbon Fiber look that I liked but I am open to other idea's. I am looking at putting in a set of Blue Recarro EVO seats I got to replace my Current Black ones as they are going in the FR-S. So matching that color in the pattern would be really neat I think.

What do you think on something like that and whats the turn around time?

A lot of times if you're trying to match or accentuate a particular existing color like the blue you mentioned, what can be done if you like a carbon look, is to base coat the parts with a matching color, (in this case the blue) and then dip them in a clear/silver, clear/black carbon, or any other pattern that has a fair amount of open registration, or void in the pattern so that the base color becomes part of the finished look.

On several interior pieces, you're looking at roughly a week or so. All depends on how many jobs I have in process at the time. I don't want your Vette to be torn down any longer than I do my own, so I'll try to work with you guys and let you know when it's a good time to tear it apart so I can get your parts back to you as quickly as possible.

Please feel free to call me if you'd like to discuss some particulars. Thanks, Adam.

Clear black sounds perfect let me see if I can arrange to come see you this weekend or atleast get you pictures when I pick up the new seats. Since the Vette is down right now this is the perfect time to do this.

Clear black sounds perfect let me see if I can arrange to come see you this weekend or atleast get you pictures when I pick up the new seats. Since the Vette is down right now this is the perfect time to do this.

Here's a few pictures of a new 1000xp RZR that I just recently did to give you an idea what a black/clear carbon over another color would look like. I first bascoated the parts in GM Synergy Green, ( the new Camaro color) and then dipped them in a clear/black carbon pattern. Trust me when I say that my cell phone camera pictures DO NOT do this unit any justice!

Actually, I'm in Prescott Valley so I'm not exactly that convenient to run over and see but, this would probably be a really good time to let everybody know that I am the exclusive customizer for

Ride Now Powersports in Peoria. Their address is: 8546 W. Ludlow Suite 100 Peoria, Az 85381

I have a display setup there. You can go into their service area and check out many ideas and samples of work that I can do.

post-1452-0-40984300-1384546864_thumb.jp

post-1452-0-70735200-1384546948_thumb.jp

post-1452-0-39132500-1384546974_thumb.jp

post-1452-0-94441700-1384546998_thumb.jp

post-1452-0-32486100-1384548209_thumb.jp

post-1452-0-86409100-1384548273_thumb.jp

post-1452-0-28428000-1384548458_thumb.jp

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.