1988 deep tranny pan opinions please !

C4in mesa

For what purpose ..... unless you modifying toward additional pressure, am not certain why the additional cost .???

The additional cost is $70 from Summit. My reason is to run cooler nothing more. No mention of pressure issues has been mentioned ? Neither by the tech advisor or the tranny shop. Can you please explain what you mean ? The additional cost is $70 from Summit. My reason is to run cooler nothing more. No mention of pressure issues has been mentioned ? Neither by the tech advisor or the tranny shop. Can you please explain what you mean ?

I have heard of guys running higher pressures wanting more supply ... Haven't done it ... so don't know a lot about it really ....

for cooling, we normally just add a cooler in the line ...... I'm assuming auto trans also ... ((I know .. I shouldn't assume))

but you're rite .. 70 bucks is not a lot to spend ...

Yes 700R4. I don't road race my car. However I do drive it hard at times. Toyota Camry's always seem to want to make me read their license plate number. I did bump my crank horsepower up to over 300. My long tube headers come down as far as a deep pan would so no issue their. Clearance is the only negative I've heard.

My smart phone spells for me at times ! I am aware that their and there are not the same. I could not edit my post.

I called a friend back in Erie PA yesterday. He has been a drag racer for years. He said the added fluid would not be anything but good for the transmission. Might even help it function better at 5000+ rpm. I guess that's the high pressure factor

How about a added trans cooler to get to your goal

^^^^This^^^^

Teh biggest external cooler you can fit, even better with a dedicated fan, but yeah, deep pan-cast aluminum or plain painted steel, not teh chrome version, will only help.