Minor paint work on C4orce2

C4orce2

Many of you have seen that ever since I purchased C4orce2 in May of '08 the clear coat on the top of its rear bumper and the area below the tail lights had faded badly. Like the issues with the chips on the front and the damaged paint on the hood, instead of re-painting the whole car, I decided to try and simply get the top half of the rear bumper repainted with the stock paint. Unfortunately I do not have any before pics, but below are the after pics. I should have done this years ago.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest badbobs95

If you would have waited a little longer, we would all be dead and you wouldn't have had to fix it! Now we won't be all embarrassed for you driving that old car around. Like I told you yesterday, maybe you'll win some awards now. :spinin::spinin::spinin::spinin:

At least you get flashed every now and then. :banannadance::banannadance::banannadance::bounce017:

Who did the paint work?

Well let's have a little fun with that question. The first person who can correctly id the painter wins a dinner at Badbob's house (on Bob of course). Those ACEholes that I talked to last Saturday at the corvettes and caffeine are disqualified from the contest. (guess I'd better let Bob know sometime) Good luck!!

The guys name is Dave (480-694-0134) and he comes to whereever your car is to work on it.

Earl Scheib?????? Maaco??? Krylon? Rustoleum??

Winner, Winner, chicken dinner! Paint done at Maaco at the shop at 1992 E. University in Tempe. I talked to them for quite a while and we decided to try it without even taking the bumper off the car. Simply taped it up and used the factory color. I was not all that confident that it would turn out great, but I knew it would look better than it did before. They had the car for 3 days and the cost was only less than $360. I was more than pleased with the results. Now that the rear bumper looks good and the chips and hood damage have at least been hidden to some extent, I will not be repainting the whole car for some time!

CMSH, go ahead and call Badbob and tell him your coming over for you free dinner. By the way, I forgot to tell Bob about the free dinner prize, so be gentle!! :facepalm:

Winner, Winner, chicken dinner! Paint done at Maaco at the shop at 1992 E. University in Tempe. I talked to them for quite a while and we decided to try it without even taking the bumper off the car. Simply taped it up and used the factory color. I was not all that confident that it would turn out great, but I knew it would look better than it did before. They had the car for 3 days and the cost was only less than $360. I was more than pleased with the results. Now that the rear bumper looks good and the chips and hood damage have at least been hidden to some extent, I will not be repainting the whole car for some time!

CMSH, go ahead and call Badbob and tell him your coming over for you free dinner. By the way, I forgot to tell Bob about the free dinner prize, so be gentle!! :facepalm:

From what I've heard Bob is a freak and does not like gentle

Bromley's Corvettes

I have had my truck and a customers truck and some corvettes painted at that Macco. They all turned out well. The 96 vette needed some touch ups on the front bummer but they fixed it.

Looks good man! Even better when you compare dollar vs result. I was going to have them do the rear bumper cover on my C4, as it had clearcoatitis and was fading to a dark pink....but teh rest of teh car was servicable, at least until I introduced it to that mesquite tree....

Did they sand the bumper first, or color paint over the existing paint? Did they respray new clear on top of the color?

Just curious. :)

Looks good man! Even better when you compare dollar vs result. I was going to have them do the rear bumper cover on my C4, as it had clearcoatitis and was fading to a dark pink....but teh rest of teh car was servicable, at least until I introduced it to that mesquite tree....

I just thought you were trying to keep the tree warm with your car......... :rimshot:

Did they sand the bumper first, or color paint over the existing paint? Did they respray new clear on top of the color?

Just curious. :)

Yes, sand it all the way down, paint and respray new clear coat on top.

I just thought you were trying to keep the tree warm with your car......... :rimshot:

:wacked:

Finally dooood! Looks new again!..now what are we going to make fun of? OK Shifter...It's Larry's mistress man, there is no considering nothing! He's getting to have the romance all over again, ahhh the feeling of youthful exuberance, wind blowing through your ha....Ah nevermind, Just don't slam your nuts in the door...they're a lot lower then they used to be.

...Ah nevermind, Just don't slam your nuts in the door...they're a lot lower then they used to be.

Does maaco fix nut chipped paint? Looks good though Larry.