East Side Lunch - Thursdays

Unreal

VenomOnWheels

Had a nice time, and nobody gave me any crap about wearing a Sierra Club shirt and driving a Prius (with a Viper Club sticker on it) to an ACE event.

What an amazingly tolerant group - or maybe just dazed and unobservant?.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grape Ape

• Unreal

• VenomOnWheels

• bluecomet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is a great group. I got yelled at and people called my mustang a beater POS when I showed up to a Camaro club event and parked across the parking lot no where near them. Glad to see the corvette people aren't a bunch of elitist like the Camaro group.

Guest badbobs95

Had a nice time, and nobody gave me any crap about wearing a Sierra Club shirt and driving a Prius (with a Viper Club sticker on it) to an ACE event.

That's because you were LATE! :laughing gut bustin:

I noticed the Sierra Club T-Shirt. They really give us a hard time with the Off Road Racing here in the states, but we try to be respectful. (at least the team I am associated with) As for the Prius............lets just say it is a good thing my significant other wasn't present, as he crushed a Prius with his tank! hahahaha All in good fun, everyone is welcome!!!! Will definitely try to make it to this as often as work allows.

Nothing wrong with a prius. Got to get around some how and why not get good mileage if that is your thing.

If you guys keep saying that I might show up with my Prius one of those days. I guess bad bob should bring his too.

VenomOnWheels

Off subject (does this thread have one?), but here's the Prius I'd like to have: the APR Racing GT300. Amazingly it uses the stock Prius hybrid system but with an upgraded battery and a 3.4 liter Formula-Nippon engine. The little beast has to be detuned from its 600 hp so it can compete in the Super GT class in Japan.

Gives green a whole new meaning.

Might be able to make this. Wife has a doc appointment at 1:45 in Scottsdale so we would have to leave by 1 or so. I will see what the kids want to do but right now I'm a 50/50.

If others go I can go. Totally forgot it was Thursday but I can swing by. Probably in the rusting as I'm TOONING it right now.

Wife says she has to much work to get done so probably not going to make it again. Sorry

VenomOnWheels

I'm presently on the rail riding into downtown Phoenix for volunteer work -- or is it court ordered community service? I get the two confused.

Myself and Bluecomet showed up but went on our own ways. Maybe we need to make this every other week.

VenomOnWheels

. . . Maybe we need to make this every other week.

Works for me. We can try it for awhile. I won't be available to attend next week either; doing volunteer work over at Mesa Community College until noon and then in downtown Phoenix for the afternoon.

Let's do a poll: weekly, 1st & 3rd Thursday, or 2nd & 4th Thursday. I'll set-up the poll if you all would like.

Guest badbobs95

I would have been at this one if I wasn't so stupid. I completely forgot it was Thursday. Just sat around doing nuthin! :at wits end:

I might be able to make this one this week. Anyone going to be there? Bob, I owe you lunch so Happy Birthday if we go.

I've slept since the first one, so can someone post up the new time and location again?

I'm a fairly strong maybe.

VenomOnWheels

I've slept since the first one, so can someone post up the new time and location again?

I'm a fairly strong maybe.

Click here for the calendar. Dates, location, time, and map are provided. The alarm clock's on you.

One of us will hopefully keep the calendar current.

Hope you all don't eat too fast, 'cause having some fresh rubber slapped on my Harley 900am and if it doesn't take more than 3 hours will scoot over and join in.

So is this happening for sure? I have the dish guy coming between 12 and 4 but should be able to sneak out for lunch if I can get someone to stay home.